Grocery shopping on an empty stomach. (Read 153 times)

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

I just made the mistake of going to the grocery store for "a few items" after a pretty tough running week (Twin Cities Marathon included), and while hungry. Whoops. My legs have developed their own appetite and mind manipulation powers. It was like having two small children begging for everything delicious that appeared down each aisle...and me, a really bad parent who let them have their way. So after polishing off five M&M cookies while shopping, I am at home making my first ever batch of homemade lasagna. I didn't exactly use a recipe but you are supposed to use an entire bag of cheese (not the little ones they hang up - the ones down in the bins below) right?

I just made the mistake of going to the grocery store for "a few items" after a pretty tough running week (Twin Cities Marathon included), and while hungry. Whoops. My legs have developed their own appetite and mind manipulation powers. It was like having two small children begging for everything delicious that appeared down each aisle...and me, a really bad parent who let them have their way. So after polishing off five M&M cookies while shopping, I am at home making my first ever batch of homemade lasagna. I didn't exactly use a recipe but you are supposed to use an entire bag of cheese (not the little ones they hang up - the ones down in the bins below) right?

You only used one giant bag of cheese??? Dude, this probably comes too late, but you want to add at least another bag before it's done cooking or your oven might explode. Don't forget to double-fist handfuls of it straight from the bag for extra security.

Also, I'm assuming you know this already, but you need to be eating at least an entire baguette with that. And not the thin kind that's mostly air.

drrbradford

Post-long run today:

Protein shake + Big Mac + Chicken Mayo + medium fries + two chocolate bars + four cups of tea.

Running Chick

yep.  been there. done that.  Wink

Shopping on an empty stomach makes the jumbo bag of Cool Ranch Doritos end up in my cart.

Gator eye

My wife makes me eat before I'm allowed in the grocery store.Roll eyes

Shopping when "Full", the grocery bill usually 80.00 to 120.00.

Shopping when really hungry, the grocery bill can run well over 200.00.  (Last run I made was when hungry, I spent over $240.00!)

But I still bought healthy stuff and the same stuff I usually do, I just stockpile it!  (6 boxes of mac and cheese instead of 2, etc, lol).

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞