More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

running dry

Well, I'm finally in. 10 miles at 8 degrees today. But I feel a little like I didn't earn it after reading some of the other accomplishments. It was sunny and calm and more comfortable than some 30 degree days.
      I am officially out of this club - its meant to 110F in Melbourne, Australia today. Not a hope in hell of more miles than degrees here! Hank

Just running for the fun of it!

I am officially out of this club - its meant to 110F in Melbourne, Australia today. Not a hope in hell of more miles than degrees here! Hank
        Not with that attitude...

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Shikari1

Cotton mouth

Ran 16 miles at 15 degrees today.  (Wind was 10-20 mph gusting, but I don't count windchill)  Awesome run.

I looked like Santa at the end as my beard was totally frozen from my breath.  No wonder why those 2  other 

people out today looked at me weird.

Imminent Catastrophe

I guess I joined the club yesterday. 40 miles, 35 degrees. Didn't mean to, though. The wind made it feel a lot colder.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The human body isn't meant to run at 35F. Nor to run 40 miles at once.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Imminent Catastrophe

My body informed me of that fact today.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Shikari1

Cotton mouth

Your body may not like it but that's awesome. 

jpdeaux

IKR

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

IKR

I just learned a new internet acronym.

#artbydmcbride

This club discriminates against SoCal non-ultrarunners  Black eye

Runners run

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Just put your treadmill in a big freezer.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

joescott

I guess I joined the club yesterday. 40 miles, 35 degrees. Didn't mean to, though. The wind made it feel a lot colder.

Wow, that is doing it the hard way; nice going! 

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

xor

Run more.