i felt great and this was my longest run this year

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

robin from maine

This is running weather.

cold weather is -5 or colder

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Ugh, this reminds me we will have to resurrect the "more miles than temperature" thread sooner than I'd like.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Seattle prattle

yeah, about the same kind of temps where i'm at and i feel really good once i get going. Getting out the door and started is a different story, though.

My avatar photo was taken after running 11 miles at -10 deg F.  I had much better icicles after 11 miles at -20 deg F, but could not find the camera before they melted.  I felt great because I was properly dressed for the weather.

The ice balls on my eyelashes are annoying in cold weather because they build up and pull my eyelids shut.  Maybe I should do strength training of my eyelids - attach little weights to the eyelashes and blink a few reps.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I'm planning to run a half on Sunday and most of my co-workers don't understand that the forecast of sunny and 60º is not "perfect" weather for a half.  I'd prefer mid-40's if sunny, and mid-50's if cloudy.  For a while, my 5k PR was from a race on a day when the thermometer read 15ºF (I've since bettered that, in 54º ).

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I live in the wrong state. Once it drops <50 I have to really drag myself out the door...I’m in Michigan. This is well over half of the year.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Christirei

I absolutely LOVE running in the fall! A solid week of running with temps in the mornings in the 40's. Its absolutely perfect.

I'm returning to NE (southern NH) after a 7-year exile in SWFL. I am really looking forward to running in the cold again. JHC, ran tonight after work, it was about 91 and humid.

kcam

My avatar photo was taken after running 11 miles at -10 deg F.  I had much better icicles after 11 miles at -20 deg F, but could not find the camera before they melted.  I felt great because I was properly dressed for the weather.

The ice balls on my eyelashes are annoying in cold weather because they build up and pull my eyelids shut.  Maybe I should do strength training of my eyelids - attach little weights to the eyelashes and blink a few reps.

As a California runner your avatar photo (and I've seen it many times over the years) disturbs me a little!  🙂 The worst I've ever had was a little frost on my shoulders after a 'winter' run.

pepperjack

pie man

As a California runner your avatar photo (and I've seen it many times over the years) disturbs me a little!  🙂 The worst I've ever had was a little frost on my shoulders after a 'winter' run.

Come to the northeast corner.  We’ve already had snow.

Also, 52 is like shirtless weather.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

LRB

I'm in the big mitten as well, and as much as I loathe the extreme heat of late July and August, the pitch black dark mornings, snow and ice covered sidewalks for months on end, sub-zero wind chills and the blistering cold that is the four months of winter can suck it.  That's what fall brings and the older I get the more I realize that while fall is the girl you're after, winter is the one you end up with.

undue monkey

Also, 52 is like shirtless weather.

This is correct.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm in the big mitten as well, and as much as I loathe the extreme heat of late July and August, the pitch black dark mornings, snow and ice covered sidewalks for months on end, sub-zero wind chills and the blistering cold that is the four months of winter can suck it.  That's what fall brings and the older I get the more I realize that while fall is the girl you're after, winter is the one you end up with.

And Fall (as well as Spring and Summer) seems to get shorter and shorter with every passing year...while Winter is a solid 6 month season. Meh.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Meh.

I'd like to package mine and send it to you.

It was a chilling 68 degrees yesterday, and I expect temps to drop into the 50's by January. NOT looking forward to it.

I enjoy long slow runs in 90-100 degree heat. It's like Bikram yoga, but running.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying