First 20 miler! (Read 905 times)

Congrats! I am so in awe of you right now. I hope to one day get to that point, but right now, 20 seems insurmountable to me!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Congrats! I am so in awe of you right now. I hope to one day get to that point, but right now, 20 seems insurmountable to me!
      Don't be in awe...2 years ago I don't think I'd even run a double-digit run. Anyone in reasonably good health who is careful and doesn't try to do too-much-too-soon can get there. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Nice...I hadn't heard that old joke but I can think of a plethora of circumstances in which I'm going to be able to use that...
        The way I remember the joke, it involved an American, German, and Polish parachutist, and the punchline was basically: German parachutist: PULL YOUR CORD! Polock: Nah, I can jump from here.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

You'll ruin your knees!

Zoominator > 20 miles > knee pain Zoominator = boob idiot runner Big grinWink

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Queen of 3rd Place

What great news, Zoomster!!! Keep on keepin' us posted, I'm sure I'm not the only one watching and hoping to follow your example! Arla

Ex runner

Double IPA Please!

Good for you !!! Im just seeing this now! Fanfriggentastic!!! Big grin

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoominator > 20 miles > knee pain Zoominator = boob idiot runner Big grinWink
                Yes. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Very awesome!!! Congrats Zoomy! Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks! It just keeps getting better. I need to go to the Superfeet headquarters and kiss those designers. The improvement in my runs in the past month has been nothing short of miraculous! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Congratulations! I just did my first 20 miler on Saturday, so I know how satisfying it feels. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.