2023 Running Game ***Registration is Closed. (Read 221 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The game exacerbates my running OCD 

Oh, 100%! I think I've talked my nearly 22 year-old son into signing-on for next year. He doesn't really race and runs consistent mileage, week in/week out. This game is totally golden for runners who run mostly for fitness and enjoy a little extra motivation to log steady miles with new friends in other parts of the globe.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Rubybaby43

enabler

I'm trying to recruit as many as I can.  I would love to see the number of participants this year improve over last year.  Gosh, I can't even recall how many we had when I last competed... but it had to be close to 200.

Either way, I might be hitting up people who are already signed up, but better safe than sorry.  I'm even trying to recruit some local peeps I know have never been part of RA.  Fingers crossed!! 

KLO

more miles = more beer

I'm trying to recruit as many as I can.  I would love to see the number of participants this year improve over last year.  Gosh, I can't even recall how many we had when I last competed... but it had to be close to 200.

Either way, I might be hitting up people who are already signed up, but better safe than sorry.  I'm even trying to recruit some local peeps I know have never been part of RA.  Fingers crossed!! 

More people << Fewer, more reliable people. So recruit judiciously!

Dave

Robert31320

Team TJ

What are you getting me into here?  I’ll either thank you or hate you later 

Running for TJ because he can't.

Rubybaby43

enabler

Hahah.... sorry, Robert!! 

What are you getting me into here?  I’ll either thank you or hate you later 

KLO

more miles = more beer

Rubybaby43

enabler

This isn't my first rodeo... but thanks for the tip.  I'm not just inviting random strangers.  LOL

More people << Fewer, more reliable people. So recruit judiciously!

KLO

more miles = more beer

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hahah.... sorry, Robert!! 

I need this.  My goal is not high but I need this for my health.  It’s been a long time but I’m ready to roll.

Running for TJ because he can't.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I need this.  My goal is not high but I need this for my health.  It’s been a long time but I’m ready to roll.

You will get out of this game what you put into it. Get to know your team, get to know people on other teams through the 2022 forum (2023 forum when it opens in mid-December after teams are formed) and it can be a really fun and motivating game.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

mk885

Signed up after missing the cutoff in 2022- looking forward to it

mike

Hi everyone,

I also missed the cut off in 2022. I'm looking forward to this year and the camaraderie of a new team.

Rubybaby43

enabler

These games are essentially how I met Robert - as well as most of my national and international running friends!   I wish there was a heart emoji.

You will get out of this game what you put into it. Get to know your team, get to know people on other teams through the 2022 forum (2023 forum when it opens in mid-December after teams are formed) and it can be a really fun and motivating game.

KLO

more miles = more beer

StepbyStep-SH

This isn't my first rodeo... but thanks for the tip.  I'm not just inviting random strangers.  LOL

She invited me - not sure if that is good or bad. Wink

Why not?

I haven't done in this a LONG time. And I won't contribute nearly the miles I did 10+ years ago in that other place. But I have big goals and this should keep me moving.

ETA: All signed up. How do we get a password for the forum?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Rubybaby43

enabler

Yesssss girl!!!  I am so stoked that you are here! 

She invited me - not sure if that is good or bad. Wink

Why not?

I haven't done in this a LONG time. And I won't contribute nearly the miles I did 10+ years ago in that other place. But I have big goals and this should keep me moving.

ETA: All signed up. How do we get a password for the forum?

KLO

more miles = more beer

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My son finally signed-up, this AM. Which has me wondering if there have ever been 2 or more generations participating in the running game competition, before...?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My son finally signed-up, this AM. Which has me wondering if there have ever been 2 or more generations participating in the running game competition, before...?

Hey Step, I think your DS is ready!

Dave