Shoes for Sasquatch: Nike Free 5.O (Read 69 times)

Everydog

O.k My feet aren't that big. Until I got back into the running shoe market a few months ago I never wore any shoe larger than size 12 including many pair of running shoes back int the day.

Now using the local shoe store and the Running Warehouse site my shoes have crept up to a recommended size 14 for the Nike Free 5.0.. I didn't buy them yet, so am asking could that be Right?

Also worried about how my current pair of  Nike Free 3.0's look like they are going to fall apart where the upper meets the arch area of the sole of the shoe. Love these shoes, do they fall apart?  I run in pretty rough terrain with them, but still it's only been around 100 miles over 4 months since I have been using about four pair or shoes on different days.

GC100k

Now using the local shoe store and the Running Warehouse site my shoes have crept up to a recommended size 14 for the Nike Free 5.0..

What does that mean?  Does RW say a size larger or something or does it somehow know how big your feet are?  I haven't tried the Nike Free, but Nikes in general have been about the same size as everything else.  I wear a 16 in any brand and haven't found them to be that much different (athletic shoes that is, street shoes have wider variation).

I run with Nike Dart 9's.    I have tryed Mens size 14 WIDE triple E and the regular 14 size.  The wides gave me blisters and the regulars did not.  When I tryed the size 13 on, they were too small.  I think NIKE is close to my other shoe sizes.  I am wearing 14s the most often now.  Try them on for sure at the store!!  I like to wear my old training shoes when I buy my new pair to make sure I don't feel anything too obnoxious when switching to the new ones.

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

Everydog

GC at the running warehouse site one can enter the size of the shoe they are currently using and it will recommend the size of many different shoes. So when I enter that I wear a size 13 Nike Free 3.0 it says I need a size 14 in the 5.0 or by comparison a size 12.5 in some New Balance shoes.

Everydog

Wolf a 20.54  5k in size 14 is a pretty good shoes size graded five K.  I would like to try shoes on in the store but I live pretty far from any good ones, so online is a good choice and Running Warehouse actually sends a prepaid return shipping sticker and I can give them right back to the UPS truck  driver the next time he is here.  So if I don't need shoes right away that's nice ....can think about it and try them on better than at the store.

GC100k

I see.  I've bought shoes there but I never bothered with the shoe finder.  I just click size 16 and see what they have.

GC at the running warehouse site one can enter the size of the shoe they are currently using and it will recommend the size of many different shoes. So when I enter that I wear a size 13 Nike Free 3.0 it says I need a size 14 in the 5.0 or by comparison a size 12.5 in some New Balance shoes.