Pain in area where shin meets ankle (Read 55 times)

gteeitup

started about a mile into a run yesterday...felt like someone was ripping the hair from the area...checked sock and top of shoe tongue and nothing, re-tied shoe, kept going...continued to hurt and is sore today to the touch or if I wear shoes...walking in flip flops is fine(tender) and barefoot..feels sore in that tendon area when I press.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Google anterior tibial tendonitis

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

an amazing likeness

And...if you hear or feel a squeaking in the tendons at the front of your lower leg when you dorsaflex your foot, you can bet your bottom dollar that darkwave's diagnosis is spot on.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

SMART Approach

It could be just a little tweak. If skin is sore to touch it may be a nerve irritation. Don't run a few day or until no discomfort with walking. Then heat up area good and go out for a 1 mile easy test run. If that is cool, you can get back to your normal plan in 2-3 days. Don't ignore.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ugh, I hope darkwave is not right.  I had that, and it took over a year for it to stop hurting entirely.  Really torpedoed me.  Sad  PT was not helpful AT ALL and I'm still paying the bill for it.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Well, I had what must have been a very mild case of it. It cleared up in a couple of weeks.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Well, I had what must have been a very mild case of it. It cleared up in a couple of weeks.

Oh, that's good!

Luciplay

Nice it is indeed a good information to share!

gteeitup

thanks for all the input.

it seems indeed what darkwave mentioned...much better now, just more sore than pain with socks and shoes.

AMellieTT

Spamalamadingdong