Is this an acceptable Fartlek Run? (Read 921 times)

My running plan today was run 4.5 miles with the middle 2 miles Fartlek. Does this chart represent a decent Fartlek? Should the speed zones be a longer duration? I know the Fartlek run can basically be anything you want, but just wondering what other people do for these runs. Thanks for the input.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I generally do fartleks for shorter distances and more of them, but I think you could still have that qualify. Or maybe call it strides. Either way it's good stuff. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Looks good. You've got 3 intervals of roughly 1/2 mile each. Nothing wrong there. I usually throw in a few more and vary the distance a little more, but it looks fine to me.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

A fartlek can be any length or any pace as long as the distance you choose is challenging but doable. The longer the fartlek the slower the pace and vice versa. Just remember that fartlek means "speed play" so don't get carried away with technicalities. Tom
            Thanks for the info everyone!!! Smile