Off the beaten track.... (Read 526 times)

Into the wild

I recently met someone in our village who has a taste for going the extra mile, and always off-road :-) We ran last week over a tricky loop with 300m of ascent over 10k and found it a slap in the face making me realise I'd not been trying hard enough... Shocked Today, a week on, he arrived with a question: more of the same or something a bit more testing. Well, there was only one response so we drove half an our to what he describes as another part of his playground.. We kitted out lightly for this lovely sunny, windless day and headed down the trail for a run that would leave me in little doubt: I have some way to go yet! The first sight of the run appears after about a kilometer.. http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/johnny_franglais/P1010010.jpg You can see a village at the bottom of the descent. Once down in the valley we followed the trail through the village for about 1k before encountering the climb which would bring us up from 200m to 700m in 3k and treat us to some fine scenery. http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/johnny_franglais/P1010011.jpg It's a shame the air wasn't clearer as Montpellier and The Mediterranean were just there, obscured by the haze..you can make out the zig-zag path which 'carried' us up from the valley floor. Just wanted to share Smile Happy Trails

Shut up and run

You'll ruin your knees!

THAT run is only a half hour away! Freakin AWESOME...I'd want to go check out what's over the next horizon, and the next, and the next...eventually, you'd be IN Montpellier looking back at the haze from the other side! Thanks for sharing! Lynn

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

For views like that even clumsy little zoom-zoom would be a trail runner! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wow, that's beautiful!
          2009: BQ?

Into the wild

Yes it is... and sometimes you have to stop to take it all in..Mind you, I was grateful of a few minutes break at the end of the climb. Tongue

Shut up and run

Let's see, how long would it take me to get there? Very nice!

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Into the wild

Hi Blaine...looks like we can get you on the 3:50pm on Saturday out of Portland with Britsh Airways and Delta - (Connect in Cincinnati (Cincinnati N. Ky.), Frankfurt (Frankfurt Intl.)) Return is with Delta (Connect in Dublin (DUB), New York (JFK)) on Wednesday. We can get you from London to Montpellier with Low fares airline Ryanair: The whole thing for about $1400 Roundtrip .... Don't forget your Montrails, Inov8s or Salomons Big grin See you soon Evil grin

Shut up and run

Heheh...got a spare $1400 laying around? Heheh. (bookmarked...)

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Beautiful. I spent a year in Nice while at school in St. Jean-Cap-Ferrat and a summer in La Roque sur Pernes near Carpentras (in Provence). I love France. The Alpes Maritimes are gorgeous. Seeing your pictures brought back some wonderful memories.

Into the wild

My pleasure tuf Big grin

Shut up and run

How awesome is that??!! Of course I would be tripping over my feet because I would be looking at the view.
                        http://distance-runner.blogspot.com