Race Report: Another one from Baystate (Read 881 times)

runlouierun

A very motivating report! And that photo is the best - you are totally putting everything into it! It would be a great conversational piece for the office!! A very nice job.
    nkeliher

Running nut

JeffDonahue, two of your pics are actually of #1411, who finished 37th with a time of 2:50. http://www.capstonephotostore.com/searchresult.php?eventnum=178&bid_no=411 This is me looking very relaxed at mile 13. http://www.capstonephotostore.com/uploaded/BY08/preview/BY08JN1745.jpg But Erica's is just plain awesome.
        Congrats Erica! That's an impressive time, and it sounds like you had a great race. I would ask this over private message, but I guess we don't have them here. The picture in your profile looks like it's on College Ave at a certain Boston-area university. Are you doing the marathon training with them? I'm a grad student there and am planning to run Boston for charity with them this April. Just curious if we might run into one another at one of the training runs.
        seeEricaRun

Awesome

Congrats Erica! That's an impressive time, and it sounds like you had a great race. I would ask this over private message, but I guess we don't have them here. The picture in your profile looks like it's on College Ave at a certain Boston-area university. Are you doing the marathon training with them? I'm a grad student there and am planning to run Boston for charity with them this April. Just curious if we might run into one another at one of the training runs.
          It is, in fact, the marathon team at that university (I am also a grad student). I ran on and off with the team last year when I was training for Austin, but have been doing more of my runs by myself (or with friends) this year - I like to start a lot earlier in the morning then they start rolling. I will probably show up again someday (probably this winter, when it's hard to get out as early), so we may, indeed, meet. You running the Jingle Bell Run in Davis?
            It is, in fact, the marathon team at that university (I am also a grad student). I ran on and off with the team last year when I was training for Austin, but have been doing more of my runs by myself (or with friends) this year - I like to start a lot earlier in the morning then they start rolling. I will probably show up again someday (probably this winter, when it's hard to get out as early), so we may, indeed, meet. You running the Jingle Bell Run in Davis?
            You like to start earlier? Wow. It's a struggle for me to make the 8 am start times on Sunday mornings, but I do usually run with them on those days. It's nice to have company on those longer runs. I hadn't thought far enough ahead to sign up for the Jingle Bell Run yet. I am running the Gobble Gobble Gobble on Thanksgiving Day. We ran it last year too, and despite the big crowd, it was a fun race. Plus I really like the long-sleeve t-shirts they give out. Smile

Another Passion

GREAT race, Erica! Congratulations on the PR and BQ! Amazing stuff you got girlie. And, fwiw, I thought the picture rocked! Wink I have to admit though, I am jealous of your pic with BadDawg. I think I have a man-crush on Ed. Blush

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I have to admit though, I am jealous of your pic with BadDawg. I think I have a man-crush on Ed. Blush
                I'm flattered. Smile

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.