The 100 dollar question: Sports Bras (Read 1748 times)

Cntrygal

To my own surprise, I'm really liking my UnderArmour one (the line that is colour coded by cup size.) It was pricier than my last sports bras, but it's comfortable, supports well and when I'm sweaty post run, it's not impossible to get off (racer back plus hooks). 

I'm liking mine too!  I bought both the racerback plus hooks and the one that zips in front.  On days when I am having problems the my arthritis, I find that I have a hard time with the hooks - so the front closure one is my favorite. 

HCH

Champion double-dry seamless.

With the underwire? Is that comfortable, even on long runs?

I'm always looking for cheap and comfortable sports bras. Too bad there seem to be so few on the market!

Only 26.2 miles more to go.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I haven't found one without underwires that work for me.  They help hold the girls in place better.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

Borderline C/D cup here, even when I'm slightly underweight, and I am envious of those of you who can wear those cute little bras. There really are days when I think longingly about breast reduction surgery. 

FWIW, I've been wearing the Moving Comfort Fiona for 5 or 6 years, it's a really good bra, just not perfect (sometimes get chafing where the bra hits the sternum). Decided recently to $pring for an Enell and boy-howdy the girls don't move an inch, but it's a BIG DEAL to put it on and it's really tight around the ribcage! As a bonus, it's huge and doesn't breathe well. I admit that I get accustomed to the tightness after a few minutes, but it's just not the bra I reach for when gearing up.

Gotta say I'm intrigued by the underwire thing. Really, truly, you find these comfortable for long runs? I sometimes wear underwire bras to work and Just Can't Wait to take 'em off at the end of the day. Free at last!

*sigh* Back to dreaming about having an A cup. 

Ex runner

xor

Queen of 3rd Place

Howdy.

YOU!

!!!

Can't say I'm surprised to see YOU here! 

(lest someone get upset.....Smile Wink

Ex runner

I don't know if these sports bras are only available in Australia (maybe I should've checked before replying to this post....doh) but I bought a Panache bra three or so months ago and it's awesome.  No movement with 'the girls' at all.  No underwire digging in either.  Oh....size-wise I'm a 10D (I think that's a 32D over there.....)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Borderline C/D cup here, even when I'm slightly underweight, and I am envious of those of you who can wear those cute little bras. There really are days when I think longingly about breast reduction surgery. 

Gotta say I'm intrigued by the underwire thing. Really, truly, you find these comfortable for long runs? I sometimes wear underwire bras to work and Just Can't Wait to take 'em off at the end of the day. Free at last!

*sigh* Back to dreaming about having an A cup. 

Oddly enough, the underwires in sports bras don't seem to bother me as much as the ones in regular day-to-day bras.

I'd love to be a B-C...I'm a D AFTER reduction surgery.  Pre-surgery I was a DDD (entirely thanks to having a kid.  Was a D pre-pregnancy, then got into the H/I realm during the milkin' days and things only settled back down to DDD "long").  No running or anything with any degree of impact happened until post-surgery, for sure.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't know if these sports bras are only available in Australia (maybe I should've checked before replying to this post....doh) but I bought a Panache bra three or so months ago and it's awesome.  No movement with 'the girls' at all.  No underwire digging in either.  Oh....size-wise I'm a 10D (I think that's a 32D over there.....)

We can get them, but they are crazy $$$.  I tried one Panache daily wear bra and didn't really like it, so I've not been too tempted to try their sports bra, but maybe I should.  The biggest issue is that I'd have to order it, since I don't know of any stores within an hour or so that carry them.

~ Sarah Kay

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I was just poking around for the same thing. I like my Champions (and they are on sale like every single day), but I'd like to find something that wicks better.

So... I just went on http://www.handful.com and it turns out their colored bras (pink, nude and cocoa if you can find it in your size) are on sale for $18 each and there's free shipping. I am not making this up. I've never tried their bras, but this a pretty fine incentive. I just bought two.

Oddly enough, the underwires in sports bras don't seem to bother me as much as the ones in regular day-to-day bras.

I'd love to be a B-C...I'm a D AFTER reduction surgery.  Pre-surgery I was a DDD (entirely thanks to having a kid.  Was a D pre-pregnancy, then got into the H/I realm during the milkin' days and things only settled back down to DDD "long").  No running or anything with any degree of impact happened until post-surgery, for sure.

Just checked and the Panache sports bra goes up to a H cup.  Maybe see if you can try one on and do laps of the lingerie shop to check for 'movement' (pmsl......the mind boggles just thinking of the saleswoman's reaction)

We can get them, but they are crazy $$$.  I tried one Panache daily wear bra and didn't really like it, so I've not been too tempted to try their sports bra, but maybe I should.  The biggest issue is that I'd have to order it, since I don't know of any stores within an hour or so that carry them.

Mine cost about $70 AUD which IS kinda expensive but definitely worth the money because I have literally NO bounce whatsoever.  I also tend to sweat profusely when running and this bra does not chafe in the slightest.  Can't hurt to try one on maybe....????

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If I can find one I definitely would.  They look nicer than the ones I have and probably wick better, too.  That's my biggest gripe with the Champion bra that works the best...it also has this weird thin foam layer that works sort of like a sponge.  It feels really gross, especially in the Winter, since it gets clammy as hell.

~ Sarah Kay

**sigh**  It's all too hard sometimes.  I think the guys get off FAR easier with things than us girls do Roll eyes

My favorite is Moving Comfort Fiona. Loved that I could feed the baby if demand arose (which often happens before a run) and it can be found on sale on Amazon. Wicks well, comfortable, and really compresses well. No movement! It does have seams on the lateral breast areas, but I've had no problem. It does need to be the correct size; I order Fiona's with the smaller cup and strap size of the 2 I'm in between. I agree with the MC Vixen : chafing straps yuck. I also have a Shock Absorber bra that's great but was $$$. I just bought some cheapy bras at Kohl's. Will have to double up, but 2 will probably work. And 2 only cost $30. Sigh UA huh? Eh who needs retirement savings when you've got a rocking bra collection?!

Keep building the base.

2012 goals: Under 30 minutes 5K, over 20 miles/week