First lots of things (Read 853 times)

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I just ran my easiest and fastest 20-miler training run ever (at almost exactly a 9:00 pace). I also finished my first "official" 50 mile week ever (I've run more than 50 miles in a week before, but never on my RA Mon-Sun week), and hit my highest mileage month (and it's not even over yet). This is also going to be my highest-mileage year ever. This is also the first time I've been disappointed to head into a taper. I've had such awesome runs the past two weeks, that I'm actually going to miss the high mileage. ...and I'm working on my fear of dogs - I've been running a lot with a friend who gets along with them really well, and that's been helping. My hippocampus and amygdala still freak out when I'm by myself though.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Girl, you are gonna rock your marathon! Enjoy your taper...I mean, as much as you can...muwahahahaha!!! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

All great news, Erica! Well, except the disappointment of heading into your taper. Congratulations on all counts! It's cool to read about someone doing AND feeling so well in their training.

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Nicely done Erica, you've only got three weeks to survive. The 19th will be here before you know it. Am I the only one on here that LOVES the taper? After a year and a half of hacking at this, couch time rocks.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

A Saucy Wench

Am I the only one on here that LOVES the taper?
            yeh Clowning around

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Nicely done Erica, you've only got three weeks to survive. The 19th will be here before you know it.
              Thanks Ed! See you in three weeks. I'm thinking of taking your advice on the bubble wrap...
              redleaf

Very cool. Congrats Erica and good luck on your race!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

too cool, all the way around. your going to have a great run.
                    Erica (and Ed too). I'm so jealous of you getting ready to run the BayState (a marathon that is only about 30 miles from my house).... Excellent work Erica...I can feel a great run (the force is strong in you Blush ).......and enjoy your taper...you have earned the rest and excitement of lacing it up for 'THE BIG RUN'..... Come back next year -- Ed you too -- and Ill meet you at the starting line......im getting ready for next year now........I guarantee that I will be there in 2009.... Good luck and I cant wait to read your race report..... Big grin

Champions are made when no one is watching