What is the oldest race shirt you have. (Read 118 times)

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Mine is a 1978 charleston distance run 15 miler.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

HappyFeat

1982 5-miler

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

rmcj001

'78 Pamakids SF Marathon.

Ray

Crazy Justin

I might still have a 1992 Junior Olympic shirt in my parent's attic but the oldest in my possession is from my 10K debut in 2004.

Mile: 5:18,   5K: 19:09,  10K: 39:44,  Half: 1:28:12,  Full: 3:21:56

Post-35 PRs:

Mile: 6:02,  5K: 21:14, 10K: 45:40, Half: 1:42:24

http://jzehnder208.googlepages.com

www.crazyj208.blogspot.com

spinach

I have a shirt from the 1976 New York Marathon, the first through all five boroughs.The shirt was ugly enough that I rarely wore in college and so it has survived over 40 years.

I was going to insert a picture but I can't figure out how to insert a picture

Joann Y

First 5k when I was 19 years old, 1993. It is just about the only race shirt I've kept.

spinach

I found out how to put up the picture. Here is my oldest race shirt.

1976 New York Marathon shirt

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I have a shirt from the 1976 New York Marathon, the first through all five boroughs.The shirt was ugly enough that I rarely wore in college and so it has survived over 40 years.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I was going to insert a picture but I can't figure out how to insert a picture

Very cool shirt and not as ugly as some of the ones you get now with the sponsors names plastered all over it.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

gsaun039

Caffeine-fueled Runner

Inaugural Great Raleigh Road Race (1978).  First race I'd ever run.

PR's--- 5K  24:11,   10K  49:40,   10-Mile  1:26:02,  HM  1:56:03,   Marathon  4:16:17

Maniac #11112, Fanatic #14276, Double Agent #2335

cinnamon girl

I found out how to put up the picture. Here is my oldest race shirt.

1976 New York Marathon shirt

Love it. Thanks for the pic. That's a great t-shirt!!

Shit nowadays usually sucks ass.

My oldest is a now very faded yellow t-shirt from '84 Wisconsin XC state championships. It's currently packed away otherwise I would love to post a pic.

1980 Three Sisters Classic

(10k Bend, Oregon)

I still haven't figured out how to put up a picture

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

1972 AAU National Marathon Championship. I believe this is not only the oldest I still have, but it was the first race t-shirt I ever got.

Race was held in Liverpool, NY on May 21. I finished 69th in 3:01:48 in hot, humid conditions.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Race was held in Liverpool, NY on May 21. I finished 69th in 3:01:48 in hot, humid conditions.

Well, shit.  That is damn impressive.  Hats off to you, sir.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

1972 AAU National Marathon Championship. I believe this is not only the oldest I still have, but it was the first race t-shirt I ever got.

Wow !!!!!

Get off my porch