Oscar Pistorius (Blade Runner) Arrested (Read 549 times)

Feeling the growl again

Yeah, always always always better to drink the IPA than the amber.

Well, you know I am more of an amber than IPA person.  But I always a Hop Project fan as scientists can appreciate experimentation.  I'm through the 68 and 68.5 (over a few days), the 70 is chilled.  For another night.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Not dead. Yet.

Well, you know I am more of an amber than IPA person.  But I always a Hop Project fan as scientists can appreciate experimentation.  I'm through the 68 and 68.5 (over a few days), the 70 is chilled.  For another night.

Damn. You got it wrong with the beer, too.  ;-)  We government lovers drink Guinness.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Feeling the growl again

Damn. You got it wrong with the beer, too.  ;-)  We government lovers drink Guinness.

Damn.  I love me some Guinness but it is far better when drunk in Dublin.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

So this tells me if I'm going to be an abuser, I shouldn't be a gun owner.  A person with unresolved rage issues is what makes a situation violent.  Violence and murder existed long before guns were invented.

No, what I've indicated is that access to guns can make a situation violent.  If you want something for support there are many occurrences that can be reference but this study might help.

http://www.americanbar.org/groups/domestic_violence/resources/statistics.html

"Access to firearms yields a more than five-fold increase in risk of intimate partner homicide when considering other factors of abuse, according to a recent study, suggesting that abusers who possess guns tend to inflict the most severe abuse on their partners."

If he didn't have access to a gun... and if he didn't have a cricket bat... and if he wasn't stronger than Reeva... and if he hadn't been trained in boxing and wrestling...

If Oscar didn't have a gun in his house that night, Reeva would still be alive and he would still have a future.

Right on Hereford...

What of the cancer causing effects? wtf!

Um...what?

JimR

So this tells me if I'm going to be an abuser, I shouldn't be a gun owner.

That part is correct.  They don't seem to really heed that advice as much as they probably should.

Chris UK

As reported by BBC News today -

“Mr Botha said police found two boxes of the male sex hormone testosterone and needles in Mr Pistorius's bedroom”.

“The testosterone found was actually a legal herbal remedy used by athletes, the defence said.”

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

xhristopher

What of the cancer causing effects? wtf!

Is this the same type of cancer that we get from our cell phones?

xhristopher

“The testosterone found was actually a legal herbal remedy used by athletes, the defence said.”

That clears it up--because dopers never make up far fetched excuses. For example, the pro cyclist who tested positive for testosterone and said it was due to having too much sex.

Feeling the growl again

That clears it up--because dopers never make up far fetched excuses. For example, the pro cyclist who tested positive for testosterone and said it was due to having too much sex.

Wasn't it Gatlin who blamed Extenz?

My favorite was the woman...can't remember her name...who blamed it on rainwater runoff containing steroid splashing up on her shorts during a wet race.

The old spiked toothpaste excuse looks so antiquated these days.

Slo

It leads to a situation where citizens literally must fend for themselves.

Sorry JimR

I took your remark out of context. when I said "we could benefit from a little more of this" What I meant to imply was that we could all stand to depend more on ourselves and less on the government. Not to be Judge, Jury and executioner.

Or at least learn how to.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Stay on topic.  This thread is about beer.

No Talent Drips

Stay on topic.  This thread is about beer.

Or prohibition.

Dei Gratia

I thought this was about CFL vs LED vs incandescent bulbs.  I had so much to say about CFLs