My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

Might be my first shot at joining the more miles than degrees club 

That is awesome, I have never heard that one before but will be my new goal at some point this winter. I may start working towards it, by joining the more miles than wind chill degrees club, should be achievable today....

Dave

Jimbow1959

Did a little over 10 miles in snow and 30+ miles per hour winds. Running club mates helped make the run enjoyable. Due to get down to -15c here later this week (ick).

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone...Today was a fartlek day, 9.75 miles total, with 4x5min (6:09, 6:07, 6:06, 6:03 pace).  Being that I'm not a math major, I accidentally did 6 minutes instead of 5 for the 3rd interval, but no big deal.  I was debating whether to just run today easily or do the fartlek, but I'm really happy I made the choice I did because I felt great the whole run.  Tomorrow's run will be at recovery pace though, for safety's sake.  I got in 84 miles for the week, which I think may actually be a mileage PR for me. Next week will be in the 80s as well, then I'll take a cutback week.

DaveP...I think I'll have a good shot at the miles/degrees club on Tues and Wed. Anything under 10 degrees and I have a really good shot.

Jimbow...nice work in the tough conditions. I lucked out that our winds weren't as strong as had been forecasted today.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

In the Fleet Feet parking lot.

Brooks PureDrift Big grin

steph  

Old Coyote

This thread's going well.

I made more miles than degrees/wind chill on Christmas Day this season. 11 miles, 8 degrees.  I did 3.1 miles at -6 last winter, but it hasn't been that cold yet.

27°  F this morning at 8:30 for a slow 5.3 miles. 53-1/2 minutes. I rested last week, didn't run a step, and gained some weight (hit my goal weight going UP this time). Now on to building long miles again for a 50K.

Run free and run fearless

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

In the Fleet Feet parking lot.

Brooks PureDrift Big grin

Nothing quite as fun as new shoes! What the heck are the food and drink miles in your log?

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Nothing quite as fun as new shoes! What the heck are the food and drink miles in your log?

Extra miles for food and drink taken.  Or something like that.

steph  

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Extra miles for food and drink taken.  Or something like that.

Hmm, I think I get it. I had visions of running while carrying pizza, or miles on the way out for a drink. Sorry for the log stalking!

CT JEFF

Hi All

Today's run was altered. I planned on 9.5. Had to jump off at 1.85m before I Al Roker'd myself. Resumed run for a total of 6.33m in almost exactly 10/min pace. Which happens to be OldCoyotes slow pace. Big grin I was thinking of So-Im-a-Runners fartleks, and tried those in my own way. TM was at 5.9, bumped it to 6.3 and 6.4 on respective 5 min intervals. Kept the incline at 3.0 for first 4 miles, then needed a break. So-Im-A-Runner and TeaOlive where do you put in food and drink in the log? I cant even get my runs into RA logs yet. I use NIKE+ running and MapMyRun to log my runs automatically, is there a way to connect either of those to RA?

OldCoyote- Good luck on the 50K training. Have a race date?

Melody - I am signed up for the 26.6 race - At least that is what it comes out to when I trace the route. Maybe its only 26.2 - I asked them for 2 posters for my work. If they send me 2, Im putting one in a frame as my first marathon. The other one can get grubby from people's hands in the hall.  - Im hoping to run again tomorrow, LSD since today I changed it up a little and didnt reach my distance goal.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi All

Today's run was altered. I planned on 9.5. Had to jump off at 1.85m before I Al Roker'd myself. Resumed run for a total of 6.33m in almost exactly 10/min pace. Which happens to be OldCoyotes slow pace. Big grin I was thinking of So-Im-a-Runners fartleks, and tried those in my own way. TM was at 5.9, bumped it to 6.3 and 6.4 on respective 5 min intervals. Kept the incline at 3.0 for first 4 miles, then needed a break. So-Im-A-Runner and TeaOlive where do you put in food and drink in the log? I cant even get my runs into RA logs yet. I use NIKE+ running and MapMyRun to log my runs automatically, is there a way to connect either of those to RA?

OldCoyote- Good luck on the 50K training. Have a race date?

Melody - I am signed up for the 26.6 race - At least that is what it comes out to when I trace the route. Maybe its only 26.2 - I asked them for 2 posters for my work. If they send me 2, Im putting one in a frame as my first marathon. The other one can get grubby from people's hands in the hall.  - Im hoping to run again tomorrow, LSD since today I changed it up a little and didnt reach my distance goal.

Tea olive has hers as a run category in her log, so it's not like a food log. You can make notes in your workouts on your log here though. There actually is a way to upload your runs straight from Garmin....unfortunately I don't know how to help you there. I'm glad you were inspired by my workout Smile. That's a great way to add some faster running without having it be too hard on the body. Nice job!

Mmmmm...beer

Outstanding!

15.1 miles around the lake at a local park (10 laps).  Great scenery, smooth run, and zero ITB issues. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hi team! I had lovely, strong 5 mile run on a blustery 40 degree morning in my beautiful Berkshire Mountains today. I made it into the more miles than degrees club with 9.5 points (4 miles on a -3 degrees morning and 2.5 miles on a 0 degree morning) DaveP MI, its a thread on this site here but it seems pretty quiet, Maybe we can revive it. Big grin

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

I made it into the more miles than degrees club with 9.5 points (4 miles on a -3 degrees morning and 2.5 miles on a 0 degree morning) DaveP MI, its a thread on this site here but it seems pretty quiet, Maybe we can revive it. Big grin

Melody,

I did 12 miles this morning in 18 degrees, so not close. But the windchill was -1 thanks to a 27mph wind, so it felt like I should have earned some kind of points. I cannot say it was too pleasant, but I am stupid enough to give "the club" a try anyway, if it gets cold enough. If I do, I will definitely post it!

Dave

UPSucks

Outstanding!

15.1 miles around the lake at a local park (10 laps).  Great scenery, smooth run, and zero ITB issues. Smile

that's a lot of laps!  Have you ever ran at first landing? I ran at Trashmore today. Never been to First Landing myself.

I did six miles today. Ran the one hill in our area once. It's a former land fill called Mt. Trashmore. I took the long route up the hill instead of the steeper incline. Winded me a bit!  Felt good though. Weather was beautiful for January. Back to January weather on Tuesday though.

13 Miles Sunday morning around the neighborhood. Great weather, rolling hills, avg pace 8:33.