Fill new workouts with info from last saved workout - not working in Firefox (Read 44 times)

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

The training log seems to save my last workout in Chrome, but not in Firefox. I work from home and use Firefox as my personal browser and Chrome for business use.

Is there a trick to making it work again in Firefox? I check the box, but it won't save it.

rmcj001

Works fine for me:

Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Firefox  Version 61.0.1 (64-bit)

Ray

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

When I upload a workout it comes with the default as Activity Boot Camp, Blank Route and Equipment. as No Equipment.  It carries over my weight and imports the temperature. If I enter the Activity and Route it then add the default of (the wrong) shoes in equipment.  It doesn't seem to matter if I check to Last Saved Workout box or not.

Did a test, where I ran my Garmin for ten seconds and went in and out of RA. It works the same in Chrome and in Firefox so it's not the browser.

Every time it uploads a new data it resets to the above noted blank defaults. If I manually click on new run entry without uploading new data, the correct defaults are retained.

I did add a new workout type, "Boot Camp". Seemed to start about then. I was going to delete it, but don't see a way to do that.

an amazing likeness

Route & Equipment are supposed to be blank on new workouts uploaded.  If you go and create a new workout manually, you should see it drag all the info forward from the last existing workout.

BootCamp as default -- when you go into Log > Settings > Manage My Activities  -- have you made your Boot Camp entry the default?  That would make it the selected activity for every new entry.  (this is controlled by a checkbox when you edit the activity called 'most of my workouts are of this type')

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

Route & Equipment are supposed to be blank on new workouts uploaded.  If you go and create a new workout manually, you should see it drag all the info forward from the last existing workout.

BootCamp as default -- when you go into Log > Settings > Manage My Activities  -- have you made your Boot Camp entry the default?  That would make it the selected activity for every new entry.  (this is controlled by a checkbox when you edit the activity called 'most of my workouts are of this type')

I've been using RA forever. It's always populated the route and equipment from the last entry.

Boot Camp is not set as the default.

Maybe I should abandon this account and start a new one.

an amazing likeness

I've been using RA forever. It's always populated the route and equipment from the last entry.

Boot Camp is not set as the default.

Maybe I should abandon this account and start a new one.

Goodness, don't change accounts -- let's work through this. I recalled some discussions about this, and had forgotten that if the workouts are coming from Garmin Connect, there is an separate set of preferences for that integration:

Since you're setting a preference for how the import from Garmin Connect works, the option is under the GC import:

Training Log -> Tools -> Applications -> this will bring you to the GC integration page --> Preferences -> Fill new workouts with info...

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

To be clear, when I say importing, I mean to say. I went on a run using my Garmin 310XT. Connected via Ant Stick with Garmin Express and then imported that workout into RA. Basically the same routine as the last four or five years. Something has changed so it doesn't save the last route and equipment. Just don't know what and how to fix it.

I can wait for Eric. I don't really want to lose my history. I think it goes back to 2007 at least.

S8S

Since you're setting a preference for how the import from Garmin Connect works, the option is under the GC import:

Thanks for this!  I was wondering why the Garmin Connect stuff wasn't pulling from last saved.

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

Those preferences are all checked, including the option to fill new workouts with info from the last saved workout.

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

It appears that RA is using "Boot Camp" as the default, even though "Run" is checked as the default. I'd like to delete Boot Camp as an option, but I don't see a way to do that.

an amazing likeness

It appears that RA is using "Boot Camp" as the default, even though "Run" is checked as the default. I'd like to delete Boot Camp as an option, but I don't see a way to do that.

To change or delete one of your activities...

Training Log  > Settings > Manage My Activities > Select the activity to open it > Delete

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

Bike, Boot Camp, Run, Swim, Weights only have a "Save" option.

I created a  new Test activity and it has a "Delete" and "Save" option.

I opened a second account and it created an extra account "Default_30" also. RA then imported all my Workouts under "Default_30".

I have no idea what it's trying to do. But if it's something in the Gamin Connect account I can't find it there.

eric :)

Hi Jerry,

Good to see that you're still on RA!  Could you do me a favor? The next time you import a workout, use Firefox and go to the problem page. Press Ctrl-Shift-K to open the developer console, then right click on it and select the "Select All" option. Copy everything and then send the output to me via private message. Also, leave the workouts in the import page so I can take a look at them. Thank you.

eric Smile

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Did you get this resolved?

I am having a very similar issue. Latest version of Chrome on Windows 10.

There is nothing I can seem to do to convince my Garmin imports that they aren't by default "Race" Workout Type and "Great Race" map. I have a lot to import, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried going back and importing some older workouts first hoping it would treat these as the last save.

I tried changing the Garmin settings under Applications.

I tried logging out and closing out of my browser.

I tried manually creating a fake workout with the correct defaults.

Nothing has worked.