Garmin Upload Not Working (Read 212 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

To disconnect you need to go to GarminConnect and do the following:

"Other third party sites

• To disconnect other third party sites from Garmin Connect:
    1. Select the User icon (silhouette icon on the left)
    2. Select Settings
    3. Select Account Information
    4. Click Remove Permission under Applications"

And go into RA and do the following:

Go to Training Log -> Tools -> Applications in RA and click on Disconnect.

Then you need to re-establish the connection in RA.

Thank you. I will have to do this later when I get home. Based on everything I read, it sounds like an issue with Garmin. I'm not sure why they have to tinker with things that don't need tinkering.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ok, I did all that to reintegrate things. Is this the part where I need to wait a day or two?  On the Garmin Connect site I do not see the RA permission at the bottom. Does that also take a day or two?  Thanks again.

runmichigan

If the integration is set up you should see it in both RA and Garmin Connect.  Here are the steps Eric published before:

Click on the head icon on the left, click on the Settings options on the slide out.
        Click on Account Information
        Delete all instances of RunningAHEAD from the applications list
        Go to Tools -> Applications in RA
        Click the Disconnect button to disable Garmin Connect integration
        Click the Connect button and set up integration again
        After it's completed, go back to the GC page and verify that you have only one instance of the RunningAHEAD app

You will have to upload a new workout via Garmin Express to get GC to push anything to RA.  It may take a few days.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ok, there is now one instance of RA at the bottom of the GC page.

runmichigan

Now you need a new workout uploaded to Garmin Connect and you may need to wait a few days for it to get pushed to RA.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ok. Something is screwy on the Garmin site. It said everything was synced and still the workouts will not go from my watch to Garmin. I'll just keep trying. I will have a new workout later today so I'll try then.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

While we wait for a day or two, do you know what happened at the Garmin site? Why did this suddenly stop working? I have never had an issue in the two or three years I've been using RA.

Blue Rocket

All systems Go!

Jack, I can confirm that the instructions RunMichigan gave have worked -- at least for my problem, which might be a little different than yours. I went through the steps RunMichigan gave to "disconnect" my RA account from my Garmin Connect account. I then "re-connected" my RA account with my Garmin Connect account and today I recorded a little walk around the house on my fenix. When I got inside, I did a bluetooth sync from my fenix to the Garmin Connect app on my iPhone. The iPhone pushed the data over AT&T into the Garmin Connect website and Garmin automatically pushed the activity into my "Imported workouts" on RA. All I had to do is "Save" button and my Garmin activity (RA Workout) was saved.

Thank you RunMichigan for the disconnect/reconnect solution. It cleared up my problem.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ok, I think I am good to go. I just plugged it in and got the little red #1 over the icon in the blue bar. Today's run is on Garmin Connect and here. However, Tuesday's run did not upload. That's when I was having trouble. It's on my watch so I'll just do it manually.

Thank you, runmichigan!

Blue Rocket

All systems Go!

I spoke too soon, as one data point does not make a trend.

Today after my run, I sync'd my fenix with iPhone and that uploaded my run into my Garmin Connect account on the web, but when I went to my RA Imported Data webpage I saw a bunch of old workouts that were ready to "save", but not today's run. The old workouts must have downloaded from Garmin because it knew all the prior attempts to send it through Eric's interface had failed. In addition to the 11 or so old workouts in the queue for "saving" was a bunch of email messages telling me about import data failures for some 35 other download attempts. The messages don't give any more details, like what day failed, so some of these 35 messages might be repeats of the same workout that is failing to import into RA.

One other thing I noticed about the runs that I have been manually downloading from Garmin Connect and then manually uploading into RA, the maps on the workouts are all wrong. They have me running from Madagascar to California in one be giant arch -- even across the Atlantic. So maybe it's the map coordinate data that is screwing up the interface from Garmin Connect. I don't know but it's one more clue.

I still don't have today's run imported, so it looks like the disconnect/reconnect instructions from RunMichigan did not solve the issue completely. Is anyone else having this type of problem with Garmin Connect and automatic uploads to RA?

an amazing likeness

Blue Rocket --

Reading your last update, you've got a variety in there:

1. the case where a bunch of previous workouts from Garmin Connect (GC) were shipped over to RA after you setup the account integration is normal GC behavior. No idea why they do it, but GC randomly sends over a random number of previous workouts.

2. the data integration error message and the map tracking error you have from manual uploads point to a common cause -- the workout files from your device are in a format RA can't process.  Since parsing the GPS track info is in error from workouts you've manually uploaded -- this isn't related the GC-RA integration.

(assuming I've read your post correctly, that is)

Recommend you start a new topic specific to the GPS track parsing problem, noting a few sample workouts and email the workout file which created the reference workouts from the device to Eric via the support-at-runningahead-dot-com email.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.