Stiff, sore knees (Read 853 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

:: pointedly ignoring the dog:: [sneak] [sneak] [sneak]

Roads were made for journeys...

::ignoring cat who pretends to ignore dog:: The Sweetie kitty will warm up to me, I just know she will. I LOVE kitties!!!!
      So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
      Wingz

Professional Noob

[lying down in doorway, keeping an eye on the dog but pretending not to]

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, so she is a cow dog, but she has been known to bring home a muskrat or two...I'm sure a bunny wouldn't be a far stretch!
          And roll in it, right? What's up with dogs rolling in rotten stuff...?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

And roll in it, right? What's up with dogs rolling in rotten stuff...?
            My dog simply adores rolling in nasty stuff.. particularly dead fish (on the lakeshore) and goose-poop. When he does it, he gets absolutely ecstatic, like it's the best time he's ever had. Roll eyes
              My dog simply adores rolling in nasty stuff.. particularly dead fish (on the lakeshore) and goose-poop. When he does it, he gets absolutely ecstatic, like it's the best time he's ever had. Roll eyes
              Same here, my dogs LOVE dead stuff! And we have horses & cows, so there is a surplus of manure around here. They especially love hunting season...nothing like a good 2-3day old rotting gut pile to bring a dog ecstasy! Where are the coyotes to clean that stuff up anyways? Stupid coyotes are in my front yard yipping & howling any other time I want to sleep! But do they come when there are smelly, dead things to dispose of?? Oh no, why do that when you can kill more rabbits & leave their smelly, dead parts lying around!! Sorry Bunny-boy, that wasn't a threat to turn you over to the coyotes, just stating a fact. Besides, our running ahead hunting posse doesn't want to share you with the nasty coyotes!! Sweetie, Gus...Anya & Frango want to know if you've ever heard a rabbit when it has been pounced on??
              So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Sorry Bunny-boy, that wasn't a threat to turn you over to the coyotes, just stating a fact. Besides, our running ahead hunting posse doesn't want to share you with the nasty coyotes!! Sweetie, Gus...Anya & Frango want to know if you've ever heard a rabbit when it has been pounced on??
                Actually, no. Got a .wav file? A roommate of mine once had a rabbit. It would chew on electrical cords and left a little trail of poop wherever it went. Hop. Plop. Hop. Plop. That was its way. Another roommate somewhere else had two pet rats. She was an exotic pet-shop owner and breeder - these weren't street rats. I didn't like them, though. They ran loose all the time and had mastered the art of climbing up the walls to reach my top bunk. It wasn't until after she and her rats moved out that I learned the rats had been keeping the cabin mouse-free... This was all long before Sweetie was born.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A roommate of mine once had a rabbit. It would chew on electrical cords
                  One of our cats used to do this ALL the time! She got zapped SO many times...she'd go flying across the room and look back at the cord like WTF, you bit me, you bastard! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

One of our cats used to do this ALL the time! She got zapped SO many times...she'd go flying across the room and look back at the cord like WTF, you bit me, you bastard!
                    That's frightening! I had a guinea pig who would chew on cords (I only let him run around occasionally, not always) and one day the DSL stopped working. I called the company and complained and complained (didn't get anywhere of course) and finally got really mad and hung up. Then I went and checked the DSL cord and found it chewed through... Oooops. I owe some cust. service agent out there a big apology. Blush
                      Just skimmed this thread for some advice on my one stiff knee. Not sure what it is, but I think I'm going to have to start icing and taking the Ib daily. I didn't run this morning thanks to some sore muscles from yesterday, but I did bike. And still, the knee stiffness. I'm hoping it's not my shoes. I'm just about at the 100 mile mark with those, and I REALLY can't afford to buy new shoes every 100 miles!
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You know, I think it's something that will "cure" itself in time. I still get stiff, sore knees, but nothing like I was dealing with when I first posted. So it seems THAT part of my body has gotten stronger and figured things out. Now, if only my damned right hip flexor would follow suit. Just as it seemed to be almost entirely without issue it has started REALLY bugging me, again. Thank goodness tomorrow is a planned rest day. Stupid right foot has apparently decided to start recruiting other parts on that side of my body to go on strike... Sad k

~ Sarah Kay

I'm actually wondering if it's a hormone related thing. My knees seem to bother me, oh, about every 4 weeks or so... Curiouser and curiouser.