Judging by comments on social media this morning... (Read 300 times)

GoodSirMurdoc

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I was wondering this morning, as I watched Al Sharpton giving a press conference...is the "stand your ground" doctrine now being viewed as some kind of racial slight?  Or is that confined to this particular usage of it?

Tangent: I don't know that I would have recognized Al Sharpton if his name weren't at the bottom of the screen, he's lost a LOT of weight.  Ordinarily, I'd be pleased to see that and wouldn't ask this, but at his age...is he okay?

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

northernman

Fight The Future

Tangent: I don't know that I would have recognized Al Sharpton if his name weren't at the bottom of the screen, he's lost a LOT of weight.  Ordinarily, I'd be pleased to see that and wouldn't ask this, but at his age...is he okay?

58 is the new 42.

Now get off my lawn, whippersnapper!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

58 is the new 42.

Now get off my lawn, whippersnapper!

+1

steph  

I was wondering why this morning, as I watched Al Sharpton giving a press conference...

Fixed that for you.

He credits the weight loss to going vegetarian and working out more (he runs on the treadmill 30 minutes a day, also does stationary bike and other gym stuff).

Feeling the growl again

..is he okay?

When WAS he okay?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

When WAS he okay?

It's Al Sharpton, who cares if he's OK?

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

He credits the weight loss to going vegetarian and working out more (he runs on the treadmill 30 minutes a day, also does stationary bike and other gym stuff).

Okay...good for him, then!

I'm not a big fan either, but he is a person, so I'd hate to hear if he was critically ill or something.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

I was wondering this morning, as I watched Al Sharpton giving a press conference...is the "stand your ground" doctrine now being viewed as some kind of racial slight?  Or is that confined to this particular usage of it?

Interesting...

Link #1 (this link is just because it's "Al Sharpton in the news")

Link #2 (this link gives some perspective to your question)

I didn't read either link, but yes, it's in the news.

To the OP, yes, I saw the video.... crazy stuff.  No comment on this subject.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Okay...good for him, then!

I'm not a big fan either, but he is a person, so I'd hate to hear if he was critically ill or something.

Agreed.  I've seen him interviewed when he's not ranting and raving, and he actually comes across as very articulate, well-spoken, and very likeable.  Hopefully, his lifestyle changes inspire others to do the same.

Meat Wagon

Puker

I think this might be the most well- behaved, longest lasting Jamin troll thread ever.

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.