[facebook] Runs not showing up in news feed? (Read 1817 times)

martinstoetzel

Martin,

Did you try to unlink your RA and FB accounts and then reconnect them?  Also, after you unlink, delete the RA app from your applications list before you reconnect.  I'm thinking that your profile has stale data or something.

Eric, I suppose I am your most annoying user... sorry for that!

Still I won't give up ;-)

Could you tell me what you mean with "unlink" and "reconnect"?

I have deleted the RA app in facebook, and then re-installed it and re-set my preferences.

Still no news in my feed...

Thanks for your support, regards

Martin

A Saucy Wench

So I did all the stuff you mentioned yesterday and it worked.  Once.  But not today. 

And when I click on the RA tab it still asks me to add the application.  Again.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

eric :)

Martin,

I think the problem was that all your entries are imported from Garmin.  I forgot to publish GPS imported workouts to Facebook.  It should work now.

Ennay,

At first I thought that was your issue as well but I checked your log and you manually entered yours so I'm not sure what's going on.  Facebook is so frustrating!  I made some modifications to it so maybe it will work now?

It seems to be working well for me.

Good job.

Goals: 20:00 5K, 3:30 Marathon, Finish Marathon, 4:00 Marathon, Finish IronMan, 45:00 10K

A Saucy Wench

It worked this morning.  I did disconnect and reconnect again yesterday

Eric - you totally rock...to spend so much time making what is essentially fluff work --over the top.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

quagga

Although I made no changes to my RA app (did not even link/unlink; install/uninstall or anything...), Facebook suddenly started posting my workouts (both Garmin and regular) to my home page (=newsfeed). This is what I wanted in the first place, but FB was not playing nice with Eric's awesome app. So now all my friends and secondhand acquaintances from FB can now be updated on my astounding workouts.

Thanks again, Eric!

martinstoetzel

Eric, you're the MAN! Now my Garmin-imported runs show in my Facebook news feed! Thanks a lot!!