Age-graded performance (Read 1144 times)

HermosaBoy

The tables can be downloaded.  It's not that hard to set up a spreadsheet to read them and make your own calculations.

http://www.howardgrubb.co.uk/athletics/wmalookup15.html

Thanks for the information!!!

Not really looking to do the calculations. Most of the races I run provide them in the results.

What I am looking for is a field in my entry that would allow me to input the information. Similar to how you can enter your placement in the field, gender and overall. Have one more field in race results section that is for Age Graded. Then if you do a search for race results you would have the ability to sort by that result.

As it is now, I can input it in the comments field, but that doesn't really lend itself to a search/sort...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

kcam

There's not even a good way to fake it.  I was looking at inputting the AG pct as, say, your Age Group or Overall Placement number (I don't use those anyway) but of course those take integer values rather than real numbers.  Sigh.

HermosaBoy

There's not even a good way to fake it.  I was looking at inputting the AG pct as, say, your Age Group or Overall Placement number (I don't use those anyway) but of course those take integer values rather than real numbers.  Sigh.

Treat the percentage as an integer and just know that the higher number is better?

Rob

kcam

I struggle to increase my AG from 74.9 to 75.1 (or similar)!  Would you round those two to 74 and 75%?  Must have real numbers!

HermosaBoy

Yeah, that's the issue -- the decimals make a big difference.

That said, I would round them both to 75.

Rob

kcam

Well, if you're willing to accept such rounding you can use Placement for AG, but not me!  I MUST have numbers out to 1 decimal place to make myself feel good about my decline in racing!

HermosaBoy

Well, if you're willing to accept such rounding you can use Placement for AG, but not me!  I MUST have numbers out to 1 decimal place to make myself feel good about my decline in racing!

I need those decimal places as well...

Rob

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I need those decimal places as well...

Have you considered using the weight field. It looks like it accepts decimals.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

kcam

I use the 'weight' field for  ... weight.

HermosaBoy

I use the 'weight' field for  ... weight.

Well that's silly...

Rob

HermosaBoy

Hello Eric,

Just thought I would bump this up again to see if there is any chance to add this field to the race results section of a running entry?

Rob

DonaldCurley

spammer