Unable to edit a workout (Read 132 times)

runmichigan

I imported a run from Forerunner 610 along with three other runs.  I uploaded all the workouts successfully and then went in to edit each of the runs by adding information.  I am able to get into edit mode with the run on 2/28, but when I try to save the changes I get "an unknown error has occurred" and my changes are not saved.  I tried copying the run and then deleting the uploaded one, but it will not delete the uploaded one.  I have removed everything on 2/28 except the uploaded run.

I am using Google Chrome Version 48.0.2564.109 m running on Windows 7 desktop.

eric :)

I started receiving error messages from the server this morning about saving. I'm looking into it now.

Hi runmichigan,

Your statistics are out of whack.  I'm not sure how it happened.  I reset them for the time being so you should be able to modify them.  Could you describe what you did, starting from when you first imported the workout(s)?

eric Smile

runmichigan

I'm not sure I did anything different than in the past.  I uploaded the runs from the watch through Garmin Connect and they were transferred to RA where I saved them without any problem.  I proceeded to update the information for each of the uploaded runs.  When I went to update my run for Feb 28, RA gave me a generic error message when I tried to save changes.  I tried to save the changes multiple times.  I also copied the run over to a new run using the Copy function and then attempted to delete the uploaded run.  The uploaded run would not delete.  My guess is that multiple save attempts or the failed delete caused the issue with my statistics.

I updated your statistics. Could you try updating your workout again?

runmichigan

I am able to update the 2/28 run.

runmichigan

The problem has recurred.  I uploaded two workouts (one for 2/29 and one for 3/1) from my Forerunner 610.  When I went to edit the workout for 3/1, it would not save the changes.  The error message was that an unknown error had occurred.  I can edit the workouts from previous days.

I can see the problem is persisting but I can't find the code path that's causing this.  How are the workouts imported into RA?

As a temporary workaround, do not click the "Save All" button on the import page.  I think that's part of the problem.

runmichigan

I use Garmin Express to import the workouts to Garmin Connect.  I have your automatic synch set up between Garmin Connect and RA.  They appear within seconds after uploading via Garmin Express.  I have not had any problems with this before this past weekend.  I have used Save All button in the past with no issues.  I will try saving them one at a time.

runmichigan

This morning I went in and uploaded two workouts (620 -> Garmin Express -> Garmin Connect -> RA).  I then went into RA and saved each workout individually instead of using the Save All button.  When I clicked on the Save button for an individual workout it took me directly to the edit screen and allowed me to edit the information and save it.  I was then able to go into the Calendar and open the workout from March 1 that I previously could not edit and save.  I was able now to edit and save it.  So it appears the workaround does work fine and it is about the same amount of work as doing a Save All and editing them individually off the Calendar.

I think I finally track down the problem.  It took a long time to get the fix out because I was not able to reproduce the problem using a unit test, even though the test did the exact same thing as using the web site.  The fix is being deployed.  Sorry for the long wait.

Hi,

It seems i've got similar problems with a couple of activities (2-mrt and one on 4-mrt). I can't edit them and when i delete them they show up again in the summary and workout list. I also use garmin connect to get activities here.

What can i do to change or delete the activities?

Regards

Dirk

kenruns23733

I have pretty much the same problem described by <runmichigan>.

My details:

I suddenly have a problem with workout editing entries from this afternoon (morning entry was/is OK).

October 10, 2016  (Monday, Japan time)

Morning run transferred OK from Garmin 620, adjusted/edited OK.

Late afternoon run (October 10, 2016  (Monday, Japan time)) transferred OK from Garmin 620,

downloaded it and entered in "Workouts."

However, when I make edits/adjustments to the afternoon entry, I keep getting the somewhat strange error message "An interval of type interval needs at least a distance or duration," even though the edited distances and durations from Garmin have already been automatically entered in the proper places.

In fact, this happens even if I just leave the Garmin entries as they are, without editing, and hit "SAVE," I still get the "An interval of type interval needs at least a distance or duration" error message." Fortunately, if I quit, the original, unedited information is preserved but without the adjustments I wanted to make.

This seems to be the case only with the October 10, 2016 afternoon entry. I tried editing other entries from previous days, and there is no problem, whether or not I actually edit. When I hit "SAVE," there is no error message "An interval of type interval needs at least a distance or duration." We'll see what happens tomorrow and with subsequent workout entries.

kenruns23733

Follow-up on my entry a little while ago, re "Unable to edit a workout."

I manually created a "New Run Entry" and entered the basic data (time, distance) plus course notes, etc.

Then I hit "SAVE," and everything was saved as usual, with no problem.

I then deleted the original entry transferred from my Garmin 620 and had no problem doing so. ( I see that others had some problem deleting or had the deleted entry appear again later.)

We'll see if that deleted entry pops up tomorrow or at some later date. (BTW, I've had previous entries from weeks/months past pop up again, resulting in duplicate entries. These were entries that had been transferred from my Garmin 620. They had no written course information (entered by editing), so fortunately, they stood out. I compared the "time" entry to make sure I was deleting the right one of the two duplicate entries and deleted the ones with no course information entered.

Hi kenruns23733,

Do you remember the approximate times you imported the workouts?  I like to pull the backups from around that time to see what the workouts look like before you saved them.

eric Smile