HS track meet- cross posted from another forum (Read 56 times)

Village people

I am trying to bring some excitement to one of our track meets. Not that they all aren’t exciting but I’m trying to get more spectators to come out and support our athletes. My goal is to make this an annual meet. I am also combining it with a seniors night. We have three athletes going on to compete in college. That deserves to be celebrated. Since you guys have been to a ton of races I was hoping for some ideas about what made experiences fun and memorable. So far I have a dj/announcer (I want walk on songs for the seniors) , the softball team is running concessions, we will have t shirts and decorations. A former Olympic relay runner and world record holder is donating signed batons that we will maybe use as awards. We are naming the meet after our coach who kept the kids going through Covid and probably saved most of the state’s indoor season. Am I missing anything? I really wanted to do a Friday Night under the lights but that won’t work with the schedule this year. 

Thanks.

HermosaBoy

Am I missing anything?

Make sure the meet is efficient -- runs quickly. The worst meets are the ones where you are waiting around an inordinate amount of time between events.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Village people

Make sure the meet is efficient -- runs quickly. The worst meets are the ones where you are waiting around an inordinate amount of time between events.

Not much I can do about the officials but maybe we can keep numbers down in some field events. There is a sophomore and Junior let that weekend so most of them won’t be competing. At least I hope they will be saving themselves. We have had meets like states and meet of champions live-streamed for Covid and I’ve learned from listening to their commentators. I will have a ton of stuff written for my announcer.

HermosaBoy

Not much I can do about the officials but maybe we can keep numbers down in some field events. There is a sophomore and Junior let that weekend so most of them won’t be competing. At least I hope they will be saving themselves. We have had meets like states and meet of champions live-streamed for Covid and I’ve learned from listening to their commentators. I will have a ton of stuff written for my announcer.

I have run meets with 6 - 8 teams (limit entry to 4 per event per team) and we still finish in 3 hours.

If you are running the meets, you can tell the officials how you want the meet to run. I think pre-seeding helps a lot.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Village people

I have run meets with 6 - 8 teams (limit entry to 4 per event per team) and we still finish in 3 hours.

If you are running the meets, you can tell the officials how you want the meet to run. I think pre-seeding helps a lot.

Thank you. I’ll talk to the coach. It isn’t a huge meet so hopefully it will go quickly but maybe we need something happening later. 50/ 50 draw or something to keep people around a bit.

Village people

Sara Barker

I applaud you on your work on this article.

itsalexjim

If you have extracted an idea from someone else’s do my homework online, it is very important to give a reference. Giving a reference is like accepting that you did get help from someone instead of stealing someone’s credit.