Running as a component in an eternal youth complex (Read 172 times)

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I was born in 61 so I think it is a common thing

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

rlopez

dyxlesia is a thing horrible

Sure enough it is. But I am not dyslexic.

I just saw "67" at the end of his name and did math. Many people who stick a number there are going with birthyear.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I just saw "67" at the end of his name and did math. Many people who stick a number there are going with birthyear.

I thought the same thing since I use my birth year in my name

Marylander

I don't use my birth year since it gets me some strange and unwanted attention. I don't know why everyone thinks people born in 69 are such perverts...

Romans assume I'm much older than I actually am.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Seattle prattle

You can have your eternal youth. There's only two things that register anymore. That's breaking into a new age category and a new pair of running shoes. Now that's something.

Disappointed to find that this thread is not spam-bot musings.  The title had such potential.

But since I'm here: don't worry so much about what other people think and do.  Be active.  Be healthy.  Be a good person.  Stuff will fall into place.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

I thought you saw he wrote his age 25 and read "52"....but, yeah, math.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

#artbydmcbride

I am starting to worry about that eternal youth stuff also.    Maybe I just need killer abs, I think I only have a four pack......

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I am starting to worry about that eternal youth stuff also.    Maybe I just need killer abs, I think I only have a four pack......

+1

You & me both are pushing 26, right?

Shit I mean I run because I still can! And I'm getting to an age now where I gain weight even when I barely eat. Running is preferable to nicotine. Also gives me a high with no psychotropic substances involved.

The irony is that my old xc teammate bros my age who used to call me a slowpoke and said I sucked at running  are all fat now lol

if you're tired of starting over then stop giving up!

mikeymike

Shit I mean I run because I still can! And I'm getting to an age now where I gain weight even when I barely eat.

Omg same

Runners run

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

25 is really old.

running at your age may too much.

you probably should stick to walking .

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

It sounds like you’re going through a premature midlife crisis?  You need to figure out what makes YOU happy and not think about “teammates” who bitched about you in the past. Move on.....you are only 25 and the world is still your oyster. Find something that you are  passionate about (whether it’s running/making music or whatever) and people will be drawn to your positive energy....and then you’ll become a chick magnet. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

#artbydmcbride

+1

You & me both are pushing 26, right?

pushing it hard!!

Runners run