Strength training/body weight w/o (Read 379 times)

she is amazing, isn't she!!

Embarrassed

Thanks Cherrie!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hoodoo Guru

And you should see her legs.  Shocked

The tangents are moot.

zonykel

Wow. I'm envious. All I have is a beer gut. :-)

I'm assuming that the profile pic is your tummy.  I mean this with great respect...how the freak do you manage that with having had 5 kids??  Shocked

Running Rev'd

We have a couple sets of dumbbells at home, which make a huge difference in what you can do. Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred videos are mostly body-weight exercises with some dumbbell work. Also, this Runner's World IronStrength Workout will whip you into shape.

Otherwise, if you truly don't want to invest in a couple of sets of dumbbells, planks, air squats, lunges, pistol squats, push-ups, etc. do the trick.

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."

zonykel

For body weight exercises, I found "you are your own gym" (seems good, even if author is anti-aerobic exercise ). Also found "convict conditioning". Despite the title, I like the progression from "zero to hero" That the author laid out.

Crimson Stride

I do a lot of body weight exercises and a lot with a few sets of dumbells sand an exercise ball. I alternate upper body and lower body in between running days.

I have a collection of free weights, a stability ball, and a BOSU.  All are great, but if I could keep only one piece of workout equipment, it would be my TRX suspension training system.  It's a great all over workout using only your body weight.  You can either attach it to your ceiling or put the strap over the top of a closed door.

+1 on rockenmom's abs.  You go, girl!

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dad on the run.

+1 to this about the TRX suspenion training system. However, don't waste 200 bucks on it. I built my own for 30 bucks buying what I need from Wal-Mart. and you can find tons of exercises from YouTube.

I have a collection of free weights, a stability ball, and a BOSU.  All are great, but if I could keep only one piece of workout equipment, it would be my TRX suspension training system.  It's a great all over workout using only your body weight.  You can either attach it to your ceiling or put the strap over the top of a closed door.

+1 on rockenmom's abs.  You go, girl!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

We have a couple sets of dumbbells at home, which make a huge difference in what you can do. Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred videos are mostly body-weight exercises with some dumbbell work. Also, this Runner's World IronStrength Workout will whip you into shape.

Otherwise, if you truly don't want to invest in a couple of sets of dumbbells, planks, air squats, lunges, pistol squats, push-ups, etc. do the trick.

I'll vouch for the IronStrength workout.  All you need is 1 set of dumbells to do the complete workout (I use 12# and it is plenty).  I would recommend working up to the 5-6 minutes of each "Superset".  Even if you don't do the workout as written, lots of good excercises and the video demonstrates good form for each.  I recommend "Mountain climbers"...really effective for hills.

**Ask me about streaking**