This looks interesting. (Read 969 times)

http://www.colormerad.com/

In case I need extra motivation for running fast times, scrubbing corn starch off my skin sounds like a great incentive. 

if you're tired of starting over then stop giving up!

slowEET

Pity the cleanup crew.

henryc

First thing that comes to mind is Holi.

xor

The color runs are all the rage now, perhaps supplanting the water buffalo extreme megadeath events as The Cool Thing.

The ones I've looked at are untimed and expensive.  Part of participating in a human rainbow experience.

I know someone who ran a color run with a camera and then complained afterward that her camera was busted.  Derr.

Queen of 3rd Place

Never heard of "water buffalo extreme megadeath events" but they don't sound too cool to me!

Ex runner

xor

Never heard of "water buffalo extreme megadeath events" but they don't sound too cool to me!

Yes you have. 

All those Spartan, Tough Mudder,Warrior Dash, etc events with obstacles and fire pits and anything to put the 'extreme' back into running.

Feeling the growl again

Never heard of "water buffalo extreme megadeath events" 

Pampalona is close.  My coworker did that last year and said he almost colored the seat of his pants when he got boxed in.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

They are fun :-)

More pics....

https://plus.google.com/photos/110027159198891689215/albums/5770658258330507473

After snorting the colors, however, I sneezed about a million times that evening.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Nice pics! Smile I probably wouldn't run it for times though, just for fun. I sure hope I wouldn't be allergic to the component they use for coloring. 

if you're tired of starting over then stop giving up!

Imminent Catastrophe

Boston needs a fire pit on Boylston, just to make it more extreme.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Nice pics! Smile I probably wouldn't run it for times though, just for fun. I sure hope I wouldn't be allergic to the component they use for coloring. 

Thanks! No worries there.  They don't time it.  

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Boston needs a fire pit on Boylston, just to make it more extreme.

It kinda felt a bit like a fire pit this year.

vegefrog

http://5kfoamfest.com/index.php

Here's another one...Also not timed.

I don't have a problem with these sort of things at all, but I wouldn't do one. I guess if it gets people to do something active, that's gotta be good for them.

If I pay the money, however, I want to RUN a race and I want try to place in my AG or get a PR. I can play with friends in foam or swim in a puddle after a few beers at home...with no entry fee Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I didn't realize these weren't timed...I thought they were expensive when I was under the impression that they were timed.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

It kinda felt a bit like a fire pit this year.

+451

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.