Garmin 210 vs Motoactv (Read 2400 times)

Princess Cancer Pants

Wearing it as a watch aside... which I wouldn't do... I really do not notice the "bulkiness" of my 310 when I run. 

Ditto for the 305.

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

I have a Motoactv.  I *am* a triathlete, but clearly don't wear the thing in the water.  This is a very limited review, but I really like the gadget for running, listening to music, and tracking my time/distance/pace.  I was very leery of buying it based on the mixed reviews, but I've had it for a month now and have had ZERO problems. Again, one person's experience.  But the web portal has always worked, the unit has always worked, etc.  I like that you can program workouts and it wirelessly syncs to the device.  I LOVE that the device is small (I wear it clipped to my waist).  The GPS signal is excellent -- I always get a signal within 30 secs of turning it on and it keeps the signal just fine under my shirt (or in the pocket of my bike jersey if I do a brick).  I bought the bike mount and it integrated perfectly with my Garmin cadence sensor.

That said, it is definitely NOT as rugged as my spouses Garmin 305 (which I was using before).  And it is clunkly for multi-sport workouts (like a brick).  But for single runs or rides it does exactly what I wanted it to do.  I'm going to try it on an speed session later this week -- that will be a big test.  I currently do run/walk intervals just fine.  I do wish it had an external speaker so I didn't have to wear headphones, but I can live with that.

Carrie