What kind of turkey trot are you running this year? (Read 169 times)

This is the first year in a while that I will be able to run a turkey trot.  Usually I'm cooking for a crowd and am too busy! With the number of events increasing each year, I got curious about whether the preferred choice was still 5K.  Participate in this poll to see what your comrades at RA are doing.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

npaden

This will be the first time I will run a "Turkey Trot".  Our local running club has 2 race distances for this race, a 2 miler and a 12K.  The 12K course is certified, I haven't heard of a lot of other certified 12K courses around, so a pretty unique distance.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Latent Runner

This is the first year in a while that I will be able to run a turkey trot.  Usually I'm cooking for a crowd and am too busy! With the number of events increasing each year, I got curious about whether the preferred choice was still 5K.  Participate in this poll to see what your comrades at RA are doing.

Hmmm, a 5K Turkey Trot?  Can't say I've ever heard of much less participated in one (not that I've paid too close attention to the subject).  All of my Turkey Trots over the years have been 10Ks save one (the 2009 Dallas Turkey Trot which is 8 miles, errr, and now that I think about it, it also had a 5K option).  This year I'll be visiting my brother in the Detroit area and will be running The Parade 10K, and yeesh, wouldn't you know it, now that I mention that one, it also has a 5K option.  Epic fail on my part.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
        • 2-mile: 13:49
        • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
        • 5-Mile: 37:24
        • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
        • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
        • Half Marathon: 1:42:13

Latent Runner

This will be the first time I will run a "Turkey Trot".  Our local running club has 2 race distances for this race, a 2 miler and a 12K.  The 12K course is certified, I haven't heard of a lot of other certified 12K courses around, so a pretty unique distance.

I predict you're going to PR next week.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

npaden

I predict you're going to PR next week.  Smile

I'm actually going to run the 2 mile, not the 12K, but I am hoping to PR on the 2 mile. Smile

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Latent Runner

I'm actually going to run the 2 mile, not the 12K, but I am hoping to PR on the 2 mile. Smile

Good luck and keep us posted.

I'm going to be running only my second 10K since 1990, and my first 10K since 1999; needless to say I won't be getting anywhere near a PR.  Joking

Fat old man PRs:

Sultan of slug

I'm running a 3.3 mile race. Why 3.3? I'm not sure, but it's close to my folks' house back in my home town.

I'll definitely PR, and perhaps have one of the top 100 3.3-mile times ever recorded!

ultramarathon/triathlete

I'm running the 77th annual Manchester Road Race.  It's 4.748 miles.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                  Gatorade Endurance Team

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

spinach

I am running an approximate "5k" on Thanksgiving morning.  It is not accurately measured and nobody really cares. Two years ago, its first year, more people showed up that expected and so the starting line kept moving from tree to tree so they could fit everyone one. The run was a little under three miles that year.  last year they were prepared for a large crowd but the course ended up being a bit long, about 3.3 miles.  I don't know what it will be this year and it really isn't that important.  It is just a good way to start the day.

TakeAHike

I am running in a 5k turkey trot, but it is on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. That actually suits me a lot better.  I wouldn't have time on Thanksgiving. This is not a new race.  I think it is the 45th or 46th annual.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

an amazing likeness

You sure do love your polls there Skirtee...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Walk-Jogger

My first sub-20 5K as a "grand masters" runner (50+) was at a Turkey Trot. You never forget your first time . . . Big grin

Not gonna run a turkey trot this year because we ain't got one locally. I could run a 4 miler this Saturday, but probably not going to since it's going to be very cold and I'm giving my left leg a few days off for R&R.

Retired &  Loving It

delicate flower

I'm running the 77th annual Manchester Road Race.  It's 4.748 miles.

See you there.

<3

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'll be starting on a road trip from Maine to Florida at 5 am on Thanksgiving, with my daughter and SIL, so no Turkey Trot for me this year.  I'm looking forward to running in Florida, though.