Quoting (Read 562 times)

There is probably nothing wrong with the site, just my thinking. Embarrassed How do I quote parts of the post I want to reply to? When I click on 'quote' I get a full message and even if I edit it, what I get after posting looks as if the quote was a part of my reply, no gray box, nothing. Help please. SKB
    I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
    eric :)

Skbunny, When you quote a message, the quoted message is surrounded by a quote tag. It looks something similar to: [quote pid="143..."]quoted message[/quote]. (The square brackets you see here are actually angle brackets in the real message). When you're editing the quoted message, be sure not to remove these tags because they're used for formating the gray box. Also, your reply should be typed outside of these tags, otherwise your message will become part of the quote. eric Smile
        thanks a bunch. SKB
        I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill