Hazards of early running (Read 684 times)

Goofiest thing I've done half-asleep for quite some time: Got up the other morning to go running feeling as if I hadn't slept at all. Dragged myself into the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and got dressed for my run. Walked back into my bedroom dreading my run. I finally looked at the clock and noticed it was only 12:00 midnight. Blush My normal time to go run is 5:00 am. My wife asked what the heck I was doing. "Getting ready to run," I said as I undressed and crawled back in bed. She snorted. Anyone else ever get up and get dressed five hours early?
    Do bears bear? Do bees be?

Half Fanatic #846

Anyone else ever get up and get dressed five hours early?
      No, but I've gone five hours late lots of times! Big grin

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

kcam

Never did that for a run but I did get up one winter (when it's still dark out at 6:00 AM) and take a shower, shave, brush my teeth, get dressed, go downstairs and realize it's 3AM! I went back to bed. Goofy!
          I once woke up 3 hours early for a planned 5am run. My room doesn't have a clock so the only way to tell time is through my watch. But I left it in stopwatch mode the day before so I wouldn't have to fumble with the buttons the next morning. So I got dressed and headed out as usual. It was the strangest run ever. There was almost nobody around. I passed by the local wet market and was shocked to see nobody there, because usually people would get up as early as 4am to buy fish and chicken because they are the freshest at these time of hours. I thought whether it was a public holiday today, but it wasn't. And everywhere else I ran, things were so eeriely spooky and dead quiet. So I got back from the run, scared that the world is entering the twilight zone or end-of -the-world or something. Funny thing is, twilight zone or not, I still HAD to log in my run into runningahead.com. So I turned on my laptop, and after it booted up, I looked at the little digital clock on the bottom left of the screen: 4:30am
          rlemert

A friend in college once dreamed that her alarm clock had gone off, and that was enough to wake her up for real. She can't see a thing without her contacts, so she went through most of her "morning ritual" - wondering why she felt so tired - until she was finally able to see that it was still only 2:00 am.
              I never have but I have a friend that got up a few hours early for a run and couldn't figure things out! She woke up and was running by 3am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Normally she would run between 5 and 6 am!!!! Hilarious!!!!! Big grin
              Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

I've stayed up and run at 3 a.m. a few times, but never woke up and gone for a run. I have woken up in the middle of the night and gotten ready for work before though. Only a time or two.

Run to Win
                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)