road trip to Chicago (Read 539 times)

The voice of mile 18

looks like I'm heading to chicago this sunday for work and will be in town for a couple days. any locals have any good places to run when downtown (I'll be at sheraton on water street if that helps any) and anything I HAVE to see when there? thanks

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

derek

Depending on what time you get into Chicago, you could check out the marathon on Sunday.

Derek

Along for the Ride

Isn't the Chicago marathon this coming weekend? I was in Chicago for a couple of weeks recently. Check out the Navy pier. We did the Tall ships cruise - that was fun! 90 minutes on a big sailboat. If you like you can help hoist up the sails ... Smile They also have architectural cruises on the river. Have lunch or dinner at the "Joe's Bee Bop Cafe". Good BBQ place with live music on evenings. Uhhm, I am obviously not a local Blush, but these were the things I liked.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Well, the greatest event in running ( Wink) happens to be taking place on Sunday morning: the Chicago Marathon. The race actually goes right by your hotel (I mean literallyright by) on Columbus Drive. If you get in a bit later, your still only a mile from the finish line. As for running while in town, you are only a few blocks from the Chicago Lakeshore Path, an absolutely wonderful place to run, bike, or walk. From your hotel, you can go either North or South and you'll get great scenery in both directions (plus water fountains and lots of people-watching). If that doesn't do it for you, then check out this list of other popular running sites in the area.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Why is it sideways?

Berner, have a great race! I saw that your 5 miler went well. You're gonna tear it up.
              Depending on what time you get into Chicago, you could check out the marathon on Sunday.
              Speaking of which...GOOD LUCK on Sunday to you, Derek, Berner, and all the other RA'ers running Chicago!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Another Passion

Speaking of which...GOOD LUCK on Sunday to you, Derek, Berner, and all the other RA'ers running Chicago!
                DITTO!

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com