Hi, I'm Chantel (Read 228 times)

Running Chick

Hi running group!

I am new to posting, so not sure how it works (somewhat techno-non-savvy).  But working that out.  I was reading these and thought it would be nice to share my experience with IT band injury.  Long story short, I ended up using the 'stick' roller, and it really really helped.  Just a bit about me - never use special running gear - and never stretch...... sigh, i know that's totally wrong.

here's my confessional about that.

http://www.chantelwilsonchase.com/2013/02/post-run-stretch.html

i'd like to think i am not the only one who simply steps off the front porch and starts running and then is completely startled when i get injured.  Wink

nice to meet everyone!!!!!!!!

I saw that already.... last night you posted the same thing.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Running Chick

Thanks for letting me know!!! I was reading a different forum this morning and didn't know if they were all attached.  doh!  Wink  anyway, happy to be here.   Have a wonderful day!

i'd like to think i am not the only one who simply steps off the front porch and starts running and then is completely startled when i get injured.  Wink

I think, each person is completely startled by an injury, regardless of stretching/warmup or lack thereof.

Running Chick

thanks, seilerts!  that made me laugh.  I am always like "WHAT?! I have an injury?  HOW????"  Wink

Walk-Jogger

Hi running group!

I am new to posting, so not sure how it works (somewhat techno-non-savvy).  But working that out.  I was reading these and thought it would be nice to share my experience with IT band injury.  Long story short, I ended up using the 'stick' roller, and it really really helped.  Just a bit about me - never use special running gear - and never stretch...... sigh, i know that's totally wrong.

here's my confessional about that.

http://www.chantelwilsonchase.com/2013/02/post-run-stretch.ht

nice to meet everyone!!!!!!!!

Due to the number of links you've posted to your "blog" so far, and the fact that you're selling stuff on your web site, I am guessing that your main purpose here is to drive traffic to your business? Your writing on your blog is relatively mediocre. Do Boston-area newspapers really print your stuff?

Retired &  Loving It

Running Chick

Hi Cecil58

thank you for your comment.  this is my first time posting here (yesterday was my first time) so i am not sure of the etiquette.  my general rule is that i say nothing or something nice.  and i never assume the worst in anyone.  i think my articles are well written and speak to people.  i do not receive your opinion of them.  i've been writing them for years, perhaps that's why there are so many as you say?

i have been a runner my whole life; and came to this group only yesterday with an open spirit of love and sharing ideas, thoughts, and a bit of ourselves with one another.  i intend to remain in that spirit.  have a wonderful day.

Hi Cecil58

thank you for your comment.  this is my first time posting here (yesterday was my first time) so i am not sure of the etiquette.  my general rule is that i say nothing or something nice.  and i never assume the worst in anyone.  i think my articles are well written and speak to people.  i do not receive your opinion of them.  i've been writing them for years, perhaps that's why there are so many as you say?

i have been a runner my whole life; and came to this group only yesterday with an open spirit of love and sharing ideas, thoughts, and a bit of ourselves with one another.  i intend to remain in that spirit.  have a wonderful day.

Hi Chantel, welcome to RA. I hope you haven't been put off by the welcome you've got so far...it's really a nice place. But to Cecil58's point, your introduction did come across a little bit like an advertisement. If you want to run an advertisement for your site, contact eric and buy some advertisement space. If you want to connect with fellow runners, welcome!!! I've learned a lot from everyone on here and hope you do too!

Running Chick

thanks, delucj!  i didn't mean to sound like that - i think it was more me being lazy (didn't want to retype my thoughts here).  Smile  and i truly am startled when i get injured.  doh!  but over the years, i have found so much wisdom on the streets, during runs in the rain, snow, and sun.  thought it would be nice to put some encouraging words out there.

i am enjoying it and sharing with others.  i tend to read quietly and not post - which i might go back to doing.  thank you so much.  this is really a nice group of people.  love.

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

Running Chick

thank you, Ileneforward for inviting me!  i am going to check it out tonight!!!!  love.