First 5k!!! (Read 192 times)

Chi-townRunner

Was super excited yesterday to finish my first 5k! Finished 35th in my age group (out of 66 people.) Then 351st out of 700+ people, my time was 35:08. I thought it was pretty good for my first run (especially not expecting any small hills.) I was surprised to see how easy it was and I didn't feel too bad afterwards, my hip has been acting up, but otherwise I'm super proud of myself!

LeighDS

Live Free & Run

Congratulations! Good to see you're feeling (physically) good. But enjoy your accomplishment, well done!

PRs

1-Mile - 6:18 on 4-4-2015

5K - 21:48 on 10-31-2015

10K - 47:57 on 10-24-2015

HM - 1:52:36 on 3-25-2017

FULL - 4:41:12 on 1-11-2015

Upcoming Races

Tanger Outlet 5K

Disney World 19.3 Challenge

Race the Runways 10K

DantheMan

Awesome Job! Glad your hip did not rebel too much. Keep up the good work.

-Find your happy pace.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Nice work! 5Ks are hard!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Was super excited yesterday to finish my first 5k! Finished 35th in my age group (out of 66 people.) Then 351st out of 700+ people, my time was 35:08. I thought it was pretty good for my first run (especially not expecting any small hills.) I was surprised to see how easy it was and I didn't feel too bad afterwards, my hip has been acting up, but otherwise I'm super proud of myself!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

very nice!    congrats !

Outside Lane

Way to go!  Wishing you many more!

See how they run...

mdolley

Funky kicks 2019

Great job!  The key is now, to keep at it!

Gene Rocha

Bravo!  Keep running!

BeeRunB

Most excellent display of creating a new tributary in your life. Racing is fun. I hope you enjoy the journey. 

Eisenmench

<3's heckin long zoomies

Belated congrats!

I hope you've caught the bug and have been or are currently training for another race. Smile

Started running - 2014

1st marathon - 2017

Still trying to figure out a good training plan that works for me.