RA Update (May 6) (Read 1548 times)

eric :)

Hi guys, Most of this update consisted of minor bug fixes, including a maps "fix" for IE 8 such that the map won't jump all over the place. The one new feature in this update is a "Streak" widget that displays the consecutive days you did a certain activity. If you customize your summary page, you'll see it on the list of widgets that you can add to the page. This is a very experimental feature. It does not consume much server resource to come up with the value. However, there are two major limitations: - I wanted to allow you to specify a minimum distance or duration for the streak but I'm not able to do so. It only considers if you did a certain activity on each day. It is possible to do that, but the server will have to do a whole lot more work to get that. - This is a useful feature for groups that promote consecutive days of running. However, I couldn't figure out how to count the streaks for multiple people at the same time. I could do it for one member at a time, but that too is very costly for the server. For now, you'll have to accept these limitations. If you're a database guru and know how to do this efficiently, drop me a note. eric :-)

A Saucy Wench

you rock eric! as always mta: heh, that font is surprising! I like it!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

eric :)

you rock eric! as always mta: heh, that font is surprising! I like it!
        Is it too large? I can make it a little smaller. I don't want it to be too small or it'll become "invisible".
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Is it Christmas already? Thanks for the present, Eric! Big grin Big grin Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

t_runner

Hi Eric, I LOVE the new streak widget! This is only going to further my obsession. I noticed one thing with it this morning. I had tried a streak earlier in March, but it got broken by 3 days in April (april 20-22, no running, but I did input other stuff in my log - swimming on 4/20, weights on 4/21, and walking on 4/22, each as separate activity types, not running. When I first added the streak widget, it said 41 days, even though it just restarted on 4/24. I removed the walking entry on 4/22 and it correctly says 13 days now. No big deal to me, I don't need to log my walking, I just didn't like seeing empty space on my calendar view... Smile Thanks again!
            irunindy

Eric, thanks a lot for putting together the streak widget. It will be a badge of honor and a nice reminder on my summary page to get out everyday to protect my streak. I've only been using this site for 3 weeks now but I would recommend it to anyone looking for an online log book. Thank you again for the Streak widget. Unfortunately my run streak is a lot longer than my ESPN streak for cash.
              Ojo

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love the streak widget!!!! Big grinBig grinBig grin

Sara

MM #2929

This Eric,,,,,,cool little widget, but did you have to apply it the day after I didn't run (the firt day in a couple of weeks that I missed so that when I activated it - it has to say 0 days (pretty funny).... Guess Ill have to workt the days up a little..... I really like RA -- great log and Forums.... Big grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

Jill_B

I fly.

I LOVE IT! Thank you!!!

Bring it on.

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Thanks Eric! Love the streak widget.
                        This streak widget is just awesome!!! Muchas Gracias!! Smile

Ryan

Eric: You are AWESOME! I truly, truly believe this place has helped me achieve what I have so far.

12-week layoff

Cool widget. Makes me wanna streak! Thanks eric

Maniac

Totally cool. Is there any way to get the "streak counter" to recognize any activity? In other words...Can I get a streak going of doing something on any given day?

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Wow, neat!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.