pelvic upslip and rotation (Read 147 times)

HappyFeat

Anyone else had this? Damned uncomfortable, I can tell you that much. I have an appt with a physical therapist on the 29th and should get it resolved with PT. Still, would be nice to know anyone else's experience with this problem. (It's the second time it's happened to me, both brought about by chiropractic treatment after tripping while trail running and wrenching my back.- and no, I'm never going to a chiro again!)

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

endurancenerd

Chief Endurance Dork

I'm also a PT and deal with these issues quite a lot.  Sometimes the difficulty with severe upslips or pelvic rotations is not correcting them and making your pelvis "even", but keeping it there.   So it's really important to manage expectations and expect that its going to take a little time.  I tell my clients that if they've been "out" for a few weeks, it's possible that it may take a similar amount of time to get them to hold a neutral position.

Some people are lucky and they stick after a correction.  Others keep coming out of place and it takes time and specific trunk exercises to get things to stay in place.  Your PT should be able to get you moving the right direction -- they might use things like muscle energy techniques and strain/counterstrain.  There are dozens of ways to skin this cat.

Good luck!

HappyFeat

Thank you for the info. Yes it will have been two weeks by the time I see the PT. So I won't expect a "quick fix," but I hope he can give me some degree of immediate relief.

tomatolover

I'm in the midst of this now....had a little pain when running, the it cascaded into a lot of pain all the time (it band, periformus, hip) saw a chiro who keeps putting it "back" but haven't found a PT who has worked with me to get my pelvis to stop going out of wack (My joints/bands whatever the hell is going on in my hip is clunking loudly enough for the pt to suggest an Ortho ).. I feel yer pai .

I will say this- I feel immediately better when I swim and have been doing so every day that I can... I'm interested in hearing what Her PT recommends .

Christirei

happened to me over the summer, I saw a PT for three weeks, and I also swam during the treatment period since I was unable to run. I did mostly water aerobics but it was moving without pain, afterward my "workout" i would go home and soak with epsom salts.

Anyway, the biggest thing for me was the stretching and exercises that the PT gave me to do to help keep my hips in the right position, I still do them every day, takes about ten minutes before/after a run. I also love my chiro and she adjusts me once a week, maybe once a month or so she will notice that my hip is sliding out of position and she adjusts that for me, seems to be enough to keep everything where it is supposed to be.

good luck! hope you feel better soon! it probably took about two weeks for me to start feeling better when I started my PT treatments, but once the pain went away, it never came back

That sounds like a Rocky Horror dance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg-vgGuTD8A

HappyFeat

Very funny, Millar! I can see why you would think that!

Thanks for sharing your experience, Christie and Sixe.  I am getting in to see the PT this afternoon on a cancellation. So I will let you know how it goes.

HappyFeat

Just posting the conclusion of this story: After massage therapy and a couple PT sessions that involved some tugging, pushing, and pulling, my upslip has been corrected. I still have the out-flare (rotation) to a minor degree and have been given some core exercises to do to help correct that.

As it turns out though, most of my pain and discomfort is actually not from all this, but from the wrenching of my back. Especially last week, right after I tripped, I had shooting pains down to my right toes and left calf, along with sharp low back pain, and pain at the back of the left thigh and right glute.  Well I guess I still have all that at times, but it has diminished a bit - as long as I don't sit more than 5 minutes at a time. Sitting is the worst! The PT has given me instruction on what to do and not do until it's better. I guess it will just take time.

an amazing likeness

Good luck on healing up quickly, sounds like you're in good hands and have a path forward.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

HappyFeat

Thanks MT and Happy New Year!  Let's hope it's a good one for all of us.

juniordo1

I was finally correctly diagnosed with anterior pelvic tilt. It has mostly kept me off my running feet since late June. I finally found a chiropractor that seems to be able to correct the problem. Aside from the three weeks without pain following doc prescribed prednisone, I had a pain free day yesterday. He wants me to do walk/run going back into training. I'm OK with that after only logging under three hundred miles last year.

2013 -Sub 2:00 for 1/2 marathon

judyweber

Hi, I have pelic upslip, though I am told I also have downslip ? but definite rotation, I have had this for some years, and the pain is pretty bad, I am a dressage rider and this is hard to deal with, I am with a small PT group, so trying to maximise this area , but it affects everything I do, I am constantly with the physio as it wont stay in for long, I don't know if it will ever of ever  stay in place .

SiphoM7

Just posting the conclusion of this story: After massage therapy and a couple PT sessions that involved some tugging, pushing, and pulling, my upslip has been corrected. I still have the out-flare (rotation) to a minor degree and have been given some core exercises to do to help correct that.

As it turns out though, most of my pain and discomfort is actually not from all this, but from the wrenching of my back. Especially last week, right after I tripped, I had shooting pains down to my right toes and left calf, along with sharp low back pain, and pain at the back of the left thigh and right glute.  Well I guess I still have all that at times, but it has diminished a bit - as long as I don't sit more than 5 minutes at a time. Sitting is the worst! The PT has given me instruction on what to do and not do until it's better. I guess it will just take time.

Hi HappyFeat

I hope you are well. Please check your inbox or reply via comment if possible

My name is Sipho from South Africa and im also experiencing the same upslip issue you had but on the left side and I was hoping I could ask you a few question as I try and find a wayy to correct thiis. Ive already spent a lot of money going to a few chiros but nothing has changed. so im hoping you can help me please by answering a few questions;

1. How are you feeling? How is your hip, do you still have pain?

2. Does your upslip sometimes come back, or does your hip/pelvis sometimes slip out of place?

3. Has the doctors intervention become a permanent fix?

4. are you able to run and move normally now?

5. What exercises did the doctor/chiro/physio do to help correct the upslip? How many sessions was it?

6. Oh, and what happened that caused the upslip? did  you fall on your hip?

Im honesly in so much pain after exercise that I dont want to exercise but I love it so much that I cant stop exercising so Im having to live with the pain dailly. I also have a son and its hard to play with him because im always in pain

Please get back to me, I would really appreciate your response

thank you

SM

HappyFeat

Hello SiphoM7,

I am so sorry you are beset by this problem. Yes, I am able to run and move normally and without pain. No I've never fallen on my hip, though I had an accident in 2005 that impacted my left sacral area and it is my left pelvis that goes askew on occasion. I never had a lot of pain with it though, just discomfort and limitation of my range of motion. Did you have an examination where you were told this is what's going on? Can you feel it for yourself too?  (My hip bones are easy to feel, so the differences were obvious.)  It is important to be sure what you are dealing with so as to find the most effective treatment.

Some of my occurrences were actually caused by chiropractic care when I went in for treatment of a wrenched back (falling while trail running). Then the chiro didn't know how to fix the problem they created! Maddening.

I had the most success with manual therapy done by the physical therapist back in 2014 and it didn't come back until just recently. This time, I went to a massage therapist who did the same thing - some gentle tugging, pushing, pulling - and resolved it for me.

I don't know what causes it, but certainly attention to core/hip strength and stabilization seem important in preventing recurrence. I had slacked off on all that and suspect that may have played a role in the hip recently getting out of whack.

I hope you get some relief soon.

James Eric

With a reputable presence among dental billing companies in the USA, Physicians Revenue Group, Inc. boasts a rich legacy. Our specialized medical billing services cater to dental practices nationwide, ensuring seamless financial processes and optimized revenue cycles.