Cheater Nearly "Wins" Singapore Marathon (Read 273 times)

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Singapore marathon 'winner' ran only 6 km

I love how he said he never thought about going home midway because that would have been like giving up.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Joann Y

Pedestrian. He's got nothing on Kip Litton.

bhearn

"... he finished Sunday's race several minutes ahead of Singapore's finest distance athletes in a time of 2hr 46min."

That's as fast as they've got in Singapore??

Maybe I can run a marathon afterall.

That was my first thought as well. I mean I know it's not even a real country but c'mon man!

Runners run

ultramarathon/triathlete

"... he finished Sunday's race several minutes ahead of Singapore's finest distance athletes in a time of 2hr 46min."

Agreed!

Several folks on RA should go run Singapore.  That's an "easy" time for some here, and an attainable time for even more!

As for the cheater, looks like he'll be publicly shamed.  Hopefully he learns something.  The fact that he wants the finisher medal and t and didn't do the work says loads about his personality.  What a winner.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
              Gatorade Endurance Team

catwhoorg

Labrat

Daytime temps in the 80's to low 90's

The  humidity at/near 100% this time of year will slow you up a little.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Feeling the growl again

Actually, 2:54 was the fastest real time for a local.

I like this quote:

He added: "I never thought about going home midway. It would have been like giving up."

'Cause dropping out 4 miles in and taking a shortcut to the finish line somehow isn't....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

JimR

It wouldn't surprise me at all if a lot of people think of  'competing in' a race as being enough to earn the reward.  I mean, he did run in it, but probably views running or walking or whatever the whole thing as some sort of insane endeavour that only some people actually do.

Agreed!

Several folks on RA should go run Singapore.  That's an "easy" time for some here, and an attainable time for even more!

The overall winner did it in 2:14.

The cheater would have been the "Singapore winner".

So, you fast dudes can go to Singapore and race, but don't expect a race filled with only Singaporian's and without faster Kenyans.

But, you could go to Singapore and become a local, I guess.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

jfa

And don't drop your gu package on the street. You're liable to be caned or killed for littering.

I've ran in Singapore. It's horribly humid and hot nearly all the time.

I once asked my business colleagues if they ever get use to it, and they responded, "No, but we stop complaining."

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's easier to get used to if you stop running after 4 miles.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I like this quote:

He added: "I never thought about going home midway. It would have been like giving up."

'Cause dropping out 4 miles in and taking a shortcut to the finish line somehow isn't....

+1. That was my favorite quote in the article and the primary reason I posted it.

TRUST THE PROCESS

TJoseph

I have run in Singapore too.  It was miserable, even getting out early before the sun came up.  They were having a "heat wave" at the time and daytime temperatures were in the mid 90's with the humidity also in the mid 90's.