Finding my new watch (Read 48 times)

Eternal Rookie

So I broke down and bought a new Garmin and I forgot how to synch it with RA.

an amazing likeness

The synchronization you need to setup is between RunningAhead (RA) and Garmin Connect (GC), rather than anything directly with your Garmin device.

First, if you haven't already, follow the steps needed to have your new Garmin upload activities to Garmin Connect.

After that is all setup and working well: in RunningAhead go to: Training Log -> Tools -> Applications and connect the Garmin Connect integration and you'll be prompted for your Garmin Connect account information.

You can then check in Garmin Connect web site via Profile > Account Settings > Account Information and verify RunningAHEAD is in the Applications section.

When this is all set -- and it is a few quick mouse clicks, despite all the words it takes to describe it -- the activities will flow like this:

Garmin device -> Garmin Connect -> RunningAhead

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Eternal Rookie

Thanks, to my surprise yesterday's workout showed up without me doing anything, but today's did not so I went through the steps to reconnect just to see what happens. Will log in later and hopefully see what I did today (only faster).

an amazing likeness

There has been a recent (a few days ago) update in the plumbing of the RunningAhead <-> Garmin Connect integration, so lately it has been taking a bit of time before Garmin exports the workout to RA...so expect a bit of delay, along the lines of 60-120min.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.