At what sport(s) are you a natural? (Read 2014 times)

Probably running, speed skating and curling. All three I was better at when I started than I had any right to be. Natural might be a bit strong, though, because I never went anywhere with any of them.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Curling! Ya', you're up nort', der hey! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

invisible

Killer Frisbee, tea bag tossing and sprinting. No one has ever beaten me in a football field length sprint at the end of a 12 to 20 miler. I will admit, though, that a little technique (which I will not divulge) is involved. Smile
        90 percent of the game is not giving up.

Beatin' on the Rock

I discovered that my relatively large, strong thighs are really useful for something!
          Hey, that's MY line! I was a gymnast (bars & vault, some floor) and competitive cheerleader (don't you DARE laugh!) and feel very confident in both those endeavors. The track coach recruited me for the 220 relay team, and I enjoyed the heck out of that. Running short distance fast is so cool - you can about hold your breath the whole time! I'm still trying to get the hang of breathing while I run long... Confused
          Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Running short distance fast is so cool - you can about hold your breath the whole time! I'm still trying to get the hang of breathing while I run long... Confused
            There is NOTHING quite like that last quarter mile or so of any race. I love taking out all those peeps that have been just a little bit ahead of me for the entire race and moving myself up a spot or two in my AG in larger races. I so want to scream "bring it, suckas!" Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Curling! Ya', you're up nort', der hey! Big grin
              YA by'... I's a maritimer too, eh?
              evtish

Pinball and video games!!!!! Evil grin Playing Pinball on free games for 1 to 3 hrs, "Tommy can you hear me?", getting lots of "speckles" yeah "baby doh dah". Space Invaders in megaheartbeat mode, getting major cornucopias in PacMan, dominating Asteroids for hours and hours at King's Dept Store, tis a bad idea giving a free guy every 10,000pts. Those paper route quarters were precious, ya know. Gotta maximize the time/dollar cost.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

YA by'... I's a maritimer too, eh?
                  Ya, hey...I'm from Visconsin, originally, hey. Curling's pretty darn popular up dat vey, too, der hey! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ya, hey...I'm from Visconsin, originally, hey. Curling's pretty darn popular up dat vey, too, der hey!
                    Wow, zoomie. We had no idea you were bilingual. Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, zoomie. We had no idea you were bilingual. Clowning around
                      Ya, I kin speak two or tree a dem tongues, eh.

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

I was a pretty good swimmer back in the day in the backstroke. I jumped in my sophomore year and was beating most people right away. But I was in high school and never really pursued it past it being my winter sport.
                          I played College Basketball. I coach high school basketball now...I never really cared about any other sports.

Runs with ALTITUDE!

Long distance swimming is my thing. It was something I was good at in school, and to this day, I can still get in a pool after months/years away and knock out 5+ miles without much effort...I'm just not as fast at it anymore! Roll eyes

Just Be

I've always liked sprinting. My times were pretty awesome. I can't wait to start doing speedwork again in May of this year so that I can see if I still have it. If I can still break an 11 second 100m, 22 second 200m, and 46 second 400m I'll be extremely happy! Smile
                                Is procrastination a sport?