Similar shoes to Brooks Pure series? (Read 106 times)

Christirei

WHAtT!!!! thank you!! i'm ordering today Smile

Christirei

So, i know this is an old thread, but i've been having some knee issues, i've spent the whole afternoon online researching shoes, and I just ordered a pair of the Topos Athletic Ultrafly 2

pretty similar, 5 mm drop instead of the 4mm from the Pureflows, a little bit heavier because there is a little more cushion, nice wide toe box....

i'm hoping i just need a bit more cushion to help my old knee feel better, i'll let you all know!

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Did you ever confirm whether they are killing the Pure series?

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Christirei

i have checked the Brooks website and all i can tell is that the 7's are on sale and there aren't any 8's out

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I emailed them, they said they are developing the 8 so it looks like it's not dead yet.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Christirei

oh that's cool....i would never have thought about emailing the company!! hahahaha, good idea Smile

Christirei

So, i got the Topos Ultrafly and wore them around my house yesterday, noticably cushioned and other than a weird feeling like they were gripping my heel, they were comfortable. So i took them out for a run this morning. Extremely cushioned and my knee didn't tinge at me at all ( so that's a good thing) i didn't notice the difference between the 4 mm drop from the Pureflows and the 5 mm drop from the Ultraflys. but i also think i land pretty flat footed.... when i was running i actually noticed that my heel slipped just a little, so i'll try relacing them and see if that helps. my socks were different from what i wore around the house to what i used to run in this morning. but actually once i was warmed up i didn't notice it hardly at all and overall i'm happy with them. thanks for the recommendation to try them out, they seem to be what i need right now