All I want for Christmas... (Read 1054 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And I will need this: And the ad.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Kirsten, Are you dropping hints for your husband here?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nah, I already e-mailed him...but anyone who wants to buy me an Apple store gift card is free to do so... Wink Apple just announced the brand new Nano...it looks way cool! I think I definitely need it in pink, though. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

i've always wanted a nano and i bought one on sunday..$149.00 for the 1GB version..then i looked at the apple site today and the new versions just came out...$149.00 for the 2GB new and improved, shiny version...figures...thinking about paying the $14.00 re-stocking fee just to get the new one and the 1 GB increase in space... oh and I got the NIKE sleeve which covers the whole thing (i'm a sweaty pig)...the only trouble is that you can't see the screen... aloha
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I'd be inclined to pay the restocking fee, too. Hmmm...the sweat thing. I wonder if that armband would work for me or not--I'm kind of a sweaty chick. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

plus nike also has running shirts (long and short-sleeved)that has built in nano sleeve...too bad i'm not getting paid for nike to do this...
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

plus nike also has running shirts (long and short-sleeved)that has built in nano sleeve...too bad i'm not getting paid for nike to do this...
                Oh, that's cool! Wish more companies would do that. k

~ Sarah Kay

scrumhalfgirl

You're such an enabler! I have a shuffle right now, which I LOVE for running, but have been tempted by a nano so I can have a variety of music - upbeat stuff for running, more relaxed music for my daily commute etc. So glad I waited and saw these! Do the pretty colours come only in the 4G and up? I also have to say that I'm tempted my the new tiny little clip on shuffle - that would be fabulous for running - it's just *so* small!

-Jess

JakeKnight

Any idea what the time limit on the battery is? I've got a mini - but the battery dies after about 2.5 hours. Any of the iPod's last significantly longer than that?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You're such an enabler! I have a shuffle right now, which I LOVE for running, but have been tempted by a nano so I can have a variety of music - upbeat stuff for running, more relaxed music for my daily commute etc. So glad I waited and saw these! Do the pretty colours come only in the 4G and up? I also have to say that I'm tempted my the new tiny little clip on shuffle - that would be fabulous for running - it's just *so* small!
                      Yeah, isn't that new Shuffle something else...so teeny tiny. My hubby was joking that I could wear it to clip my hair back when I run...actually, I'm not sure he was joking! Wink Unfortunately only the 4gig comes in the pretty colors. I would be happy with the 2gig, but the 4gig would be nice for longer car trips, so it's a good compromise. I had sorta looked at the regular iPod, but the hubby reminded me that it's a teeny hard-drive and not solid state like the nano, so if I dropped it while running (which is a given, since I'm a klutz/butterfingers) it would pretty much be toast. Same reason I buy CF cards for my cameras and not microdrives, which hold a lot more info. at a fraction the price, but are very fragile. Jake, according to Apple's site the Nano holds about 3 hours. That's OK for me, since I think it will be a long time before I do any runs much more than 2.5 hours or so. I wonder, is the battery something a person could have an extra of and switch out mid-run if they needed to? Here's the specs for the Nano: Nano k

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah, I'd be inclined to pay the restocking fee, too. Hmmm...the sweat thing. I wonder if that armband would work for me or not--I'm kind of a sweaty chick. Tongue k
                        I have a 30GB Video version and as a guy who definitely sweats I use a case mdade by DLO. It has an amrband and covers the whole ipod. There is a vinyl window for the screen and the turnwheel. It really works well and you cannot sweat more than me! Ken
                          Any idea what the time limit on the battery is? I've got a mini - but the battery dies after about 2.5 hours. Any of the iPod's last significantly longer than that?
                          I have used my 30gb for 4 hours and it still had juice. Ken
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

you cannot sweat more than me! Ken
                            Ha, ask backroadrunner about my sweating! Duct tape and athletic tape sweats right off my skin, even! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

done deal...returned the old (new) nano...picking up the new one tomorrow...apple store is awesome..no questions...didn't even look in the box.just paid $15.00...come to find out there is a discount for college student so grab your nearest college student and ask him/her to buy you one...
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

done deal...returned the old (new) nano...picking up the new one tomorrow...apple store is awesome..no questions...didn't even look in the box.just paid $15.00...come to find out there is a discount for college student so grab your nearest college student and ask him/her to buy you one...
                                Sweet! BTW, what's the discount? My brother is in grad school...though that would almost be enough of an excuse for me to go back (I loved college and would go back in a heartbeat if someone would pay me to go, LOL). k

~ Sarah Kay