two questions track workouts on treadmill and best intervals to prepare for tough mudder (Read 1135 times)

L Train

I should probably just go full sportjester since my arms don't swing much anyway. 

L Train

Hey, I made it!

sport jester

Biomimeticist

(FWIW, they counter a rotational force about the anteroposterior axis, said force inherent in the off-axis propulsive forces applied by the legs.  But I'm neither an expert nor an "expert".)

You're only partially correct.

yes it is counter to the off axis propulsion determined by one's running gauge measure. However you also forgot to include the differences in leg strength and unequal physical motion.

Your answer was only one of the five variables to properly answer the question.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

#artbydmcbride

By swinging my arms efficiently I can run 8 mph on a treadmill....and never have to hold on to the sides for balance!  Whee!  I am self balancing!   Big grin  

Runners run

sport jester

Biomimeticist

And at the speed you're running, I'm still walking...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Scout7

By swinging my arms efficiently, I am better able to throw elbows at all the a-holes trying to box me in.

#artbydmcbride

In your imagination, sportjester.   Big grin

Runners run

"run" "2" "eat"

By swinging my arms efficiently I can run 8 mph on a treadmill....and never have to hold on to the sides for balance!  Whee!  I am self balancing!   Big grin  

you're like a weeble.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Scout7

And at the speed you're running, I'm still walking...

BAM!  See that?  No, you didn't.  Sniper.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

And by learning how to run with no arm swing

By swinging my arms efficiently, I am better able to throw elbows at all the a-holes trying to box me in.

Gives you greater control of your arms when you do need to use them.

And as a military personnel, you should be aware of the injury risk to carrying a weapon. Its one of the primary reasons of military interest for why I teach no arm swing.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18484397

Prince of Fatness

I call it the masking tape exercise, and its described in this link: .

Now I know you are a troll.  Ostriches don't know how to use masking tape.  C'mon man!

Not at it at all. 

Scout7

Well, they generally haven't let me race with a weapon, so I am usually not all that concerned about it at that point.  Hence the elbows.  Keeps people at bay.  I don't really care about hitting them as much as I do about establishing my space.

And when I do have a weapon, I spend far more time moving real slow than running.  Just the nature of the job.

"run" "2" "eat"

on the times i have run a 5k carrying a weapon, folks have pretty much respected my space. no elbows necessary. FACT.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Feeling the growl again

I typically don't need to run when carrying a rifle because I put down what I shoot and there is little need to chase it.  On the occasions I do need to run, it's a lot slower than running without.

Running in combat bears little resemblence to road/track/trail racing, unless you are French.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Well, they generally haven't let me race with a weapon, so I am usually not all that concerned about it at that point.  Hence the elbows.  Keeps people at bay.  I don't really care about hitting them as much as I do about establishing my space.

And when I do have a weapon, I spend far more time moving real slow than running.  Just the nature of the job.

And when you do move real slow, its also a survival skill to keep the visual input as stable as possible.

You walk with measurable vertical lift and lateral sway regardless to how slow you move. That movement distorts depth perception, speed perception, reaction times, as well as having measurable impact forces for detection.

Its known as cranial stability. Applies to both athletes and soldiers.