Dream Car (Read 955 times)

NorNev

I would go with the Dodge Charger R/T 69' that had the 440 w/ a four speed

NorNev

The Charger would be for running from the cops...this would be for going on vacation

Gravelrunner

Running blows

SSC Ultimate Aero $654,400. Don't let the price tag fool you, this American made car is actually the 3rd fastest street legal car in the world with a top speed of 257 mph+ and reaching 0-60 in 2.7 seconds. This baby cost less than half as much as the Bugatti Veyron, yet has enough power to compete against the most expensive car. It is estimated that only 25 of this exact model will ever be produced.

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

This is me in my car,a 71' GTO,in the burnout box at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove WI

Honestly,my dream car would be a midnight blue 65' GTO with a 4-speed.

Sweeeeet!
          Slice

AAR Cuda. Make mine the 4 speed please.

AAR Cuda

I would go with this. Maybe even the same color. My first car was a Challenger. When my midgets finally get out of carseats I want to get one of the new ones.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Ostrich runner

I actually saw a Cuda on the road last week for the first time in probably 15 years. I tear around quite a bit in my WRX right now, which fits my needs perfectly. I'm not sure what my single dream car is...I drive about 35k miles a year, so some of the cars that come to mind are ones that actually are representative of other dreams. I'd really like a custom old 4runner I could take the back off of,

a Morgan +8 

but probably the most fun would be the Bowler Wildcat (which for some reason I like more than the newer one)

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

This would be fun to have...

Purdey

Self anointed title

Chris - I would have imagined that the Gerber "dream car" would look like this:

Feeling the growl again

Not that this is the sexiest of the old school muscle cars, but I have a sentimental attachment to the 1972 Chevelle SS 454.  A good friend of mine worked for a guy back in high school who owned one...mint condition, fully restored...and he let us take it out for a spin a few times.  My buddy even got to use it for prom once.

The owner had issues.  Namely, a growing gambling and cocaine problem.  Unfortunately my buddy and I were out of town when this came to a head, and he sold the Chevelle to someone for $7000 for the quick cash (this was in the early/mid 90s).  When we got back and my friend expressed dismay that he had sold the car, the guy said he would have sold it to use for $5000 so it would be taken care of.  Angry

Last I saw, that beautiful car was being used as a grocery getter by someone living on a washboard dirt road.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

My dream car is a motorcycle. Cars just keep me warm until motorcycle season.

Spaniel,  that really is a shame.  what a beautiful car!

dallison

registered pw

porsche 911 turbo. It's been a dream since i was a kid.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

bhearn

When I was working at a little two-man startup 20+ years ago, my dream car was a Ferrari; my partner's was a Porsche. Funny thing, for a while we moved into Guy Kawasaki's office -- he left up his Porsche and Ferrari posters to motivate us.

Things went well. I never bought a Ferrari, but my partner went through a few Porsches before his current Tesla Roadster. I've been driving an NSX for the past 15 years. I was tempted by the Tesla, but my NSX is fast enough, better looking (from most angles), and way more practical. And really I don't care so much about cars now anyway. They're just things, that have to be maintained.

Loves the outdoors

After a child hood spent pushing various "classic" European cars, my dream car is one that goes.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Things went well. I never bought a Ferrari, but my partner went through a few Porsches before his current Tesla Roadster. I've been driving an NSX for the past 15 years. I was tempted by the Tesla, but my NSX is fast enough, better looking (from most angles), and way more practical. And really I don't care so much about cars now anyway. They're just things, that have to be maintained.

Tesla Roadster and NSX -- in that paragraph you listed 2 of my DH's most favorite cars, ever.  We actually saw an NSX last Summer in our tiny community.  Likely not a year-round local.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay