Vegas Running (Read 957 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm going to be at Madalay Bay this week for a couple of days. Any advice about where to run? Thanks T
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No, but backroadrunner is going to be there on Weds (for 3 nights, I think), too...you should try to run with her! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

COOL! BRR, where will you be?
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Who, me? Still freezin' my butt off here in MI. Damn, I hope we have an early Spring. Eryn said the forecast in LV is in the low 60s each day...that would be heavenly for running! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Jill_B

I fly.

I've run up and down the strip early in the morning (the sidewalks are very wide, but you will have to run up and down stairs at some of the intersections). Usually there are a few people still out from the night before that are both drunk and amazed that you are running. I've also run from MGM to the airport and then around the airport. That's a terrible run (flat though). There is also a running club out there that will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to their runs. i don't remember their URL, but if you search for Las Vegas running clubs you should find it. Their wednesday run leaves from the Nike Store in Caeser's Palace.

Bring it on.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

BRR = Backroadsrunner Roll eyes Wink
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks! Interestingly, my grandfather's brothers opened Caesar's Palace back in the day. One of them, Jay Sarno, has his name on the road in front of the hotel.
                Jill_B

I fly.

The link:http://www.lvtc.org/trainingruns.php (One of my brothers lives in Vegas, but he's not a runner.)

Bring it on.

Trent: What 'couple of days'? I live in LV, and there are a lot of places to run other than the strip, if you can get off the strip. A couple of websites to try: www.lvtc.org www.lasvegasrunningteam.com If it includes next Saturday, there are a number of us doing 18. If you (actually, anyone) wants some info on running in LV (offstrip), you can contact me at summerlinrunner@gmail.com
                    My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks again. I will be getting in Tuesday, leaving Thursday. I will probably be looking for early morning runs Weds and Thurs. I probably will NOT have transportation, other than a pair of Saucony shoes.
                        oh my god how freaky! I was just coming on to post my own topic saying that I'm coming to Vegas in a couple of weeks (2/3 to 2/9) and was wondering if anyone has any route suggestions (jet lag permitting of course) Shocked thanks for helping me out Big grin
                        "Tough times don't last but tough people do." - A.C. Green
                          Run the Strip. It's a blast. If you set out early enough, you won't have to fight for space along the sidewalks. I run the Strip every time I go out there. It's great.
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BRR = Backroadsrunner Roll eyes Wink
                            Bwahahahaha...see, that's what living in the Upper Midwest after a blizzard and sub -0 temps will get ya'. I read BRR as brr and thought you were commenting on our weather! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

10 miles on the Vegas Strip. From Mandalay Bay up past Stratosphere and back. on asphalt, concrete, granite, wood plank, sand, brick, aggregate, stairs. Sunny, low low humidity, 45 degrees, not a cloud. 2000 feet above sea level. Steady 8:45 pace. Thanks folks for the advice!!
                                Trent, I'm sorry I didn't get to see this until too late, we could have run the strip together. I just made it back home from Vegas a few minutes ago. We stayed at Paris from Wed until this morning. I ran 2 mornings on the strip at about 5-6am. It was fantastic...not crowded at all. The 2nd morning, I hit construction twice where they had the sidewalks closed too & had to do a few loops, but it was fun anyways. The stairs gave me a bit of a workout, since I hate running hills even, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (apparently all the squats I've been doing at the gym are helping!). I probably ran past you if you were running in the early a.m.!!
                                So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3