Garmin 305 work in St. Lucia? (Read 1202 times)

MrH

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/390108
    Time elapsed: 3 minutes 51 Distance: 26.34 mi Pace: 409.8 mph Calories: 87 What? 87 calories for 26.34 miles. Did it adjust because of the descent?

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Lazy idiot

Time elapsed: 3 minutes 51 Distance: 26.34 mi Pace: 409.8 mph Calories: 87 What? 87 calories for 26.34 miles. Did it adjust because of the descent?
      Dude, if you're in good enough shape to run that far that fast, you're probably not burning calories like a normal human.

Tick tock

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Maybe calorie burn was reduced because of the altitude. Or wait, was this a 305? Maybe the guy wearing the watch had a lower HR than we might expect from a person running, erm, doing a marathon...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

Shoot, I just figured the 87 calories was in the little cup of coke he was sipping along the way.

Imminent Catastrophe

Time elapsed: 3 minutes 51 Distance: 26.34 mi Pace: 409.8 mph Calories: 87 What? 87 calories for 26.34 miles.
            Yeah and I carb loaded for it too. My weight loss plan isn't working out. Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yeah and I carb loaded for it too. My weight loss plan isn't working out. Big grin
              Between the route post itself and this one, you're rocking Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Imminent Catastrophe

Please please please. While the cruise ship is moving through the ocean, go run some 5-10 laps around the ship's deck, then upload the tracks to motionbased and post the activity link here. I am dying to see how that would look on a map...
                Powered by RunningAHEAD.com Meh. The ship's speed (~14 mph) >> my speed so the map isn't that interesting. The Captain refused to slow down for this demonstration Wink But the speed/pace graph is kinda cool, if you don't average data points. This is a 352-yd (5 laps/mile) track. Actual distance run was 4 miles. Also HR bumped up a bit shortly after upwind legs (into a 25-knot wind) and recovered after tailwind legs. Geek paradise.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016