National Running Day (Read 232 times)

keeponrunning

Apparently Nobby doesn't know, I have a rest day today according to RunningWizard.  Seeing as my legs need the rest day, I'll take it Wink

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

I'm celebrating this high festival day by recalling two good runs earlier in the week, planning tomorrow's run, and maybe buying one of those Runner's World marathon training plans.

Wink

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

degregorius

I will celebrate by sleeping in and working late.

Couldn't sleep in.  Did work late. Walked to the grocery store at lunch time. I hate to follow a crowd, unless I've paid an entrance fee.

I will celebrate by sleeping in and working late.

I retired from USN a few weeks ago, my plan was to actually sleep late now.  (Can't wake up too early and spend all my time bored watching "Days of our Lives" and shit!)

What has happened since?  I have woken up at 5:30 am every single day, no alarm clock, just as the first twilight is on the horizon.  Morning doves and Robins make a couple hoo hoos and chirps, and boom, I am up!   I then run 6 miles or so, come home, and the wife and kids haven't even gotten up yet to start getting ready for work/school....  So much for me sleeping in.  :-)

PS.  GOOD NEWS!  Days of our lives is off the air!   After 97 years, finally!   Hallelujah!!    BAD NEWS:  The $h1t they replaced it is just as bad!

....So now I plan to run at midday on some days too.....  Big grin

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Did you?

Who comes up with this stuff, anyways? Not like holidays the card companies make up. Shoe industry?

Had I bothered to read the about section, it is actually sponsored by groups I do support. BAA, ATC and so on.

I did, as I did for the 209 consecutive days before it, and hopefully 200+ after it.

I was at the track at 6 am running intervals (my wimpy version) yesterday & did not know it was national running day.   did I get extra bonus points?

I did, as I did for the 209 consecutive days before it, and hopefully 200+ after it.

silly streaker

Get off my porch

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

silly streaker

That's "thilly stweaker"