entering rowing machine workouts (Read 74 times)

probably not fast enough

Hi folks, I'm looking for advise from anyone who logs rowing machine workouts here...  I just bought a water rower from costco and I'm very happy with it; will be logging my workouts here on RA.  I guess there's no algorithm for calculating calories, and I don't have a way to manually enter what the rowing machine computer says.... is there any work-around I don't know about?

btb1490

I created a new activity in my training log called "Indoor Rowing" and set the default distance unit to "meters".

Prince of Fatness

I created a new activity in my training log called "Indoor Rowing" and set the default distance unit to "meters".

+1

Not at it at all. 

probably not fast enough

Thanks btb.  That sounds like what I did; created a new workout type and set the units to meters, but there doesn't seem to be any way to enter calories burned when I log workouts, and it doesn't do it automatically.  Guess it doesn't really matter, eh?  But it would be cool.  Anyway, I'm trying to make up my mind about how to use the machine... steady pace for building endurance, or high intensity, short intervals.  I'm inclined to try steady pace, but maybe I should mix it up... Any thoughts?  Any other rowers out there?

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Another +1 for this.

TRUST THE PROCESS

probably not fast enough

Thanks for the interest, Kerry...you're a rower, I see... you graph daily meters, cool, cool....  Well, if you notice this Eric, maybe there's a way to enter calories from the workout machine manually?  Also, I put my machine into the equiment list, but it doesn't come up as a selectable equipment when I log a workout.....  Well, no prob.  I'm enjoying rowing so far, and RA doesn't need to change at all, I just thought maybe there's a work-around or a button I don't know about.  BTW, I think I'm going to use my interval timer app on the phone to mix up short, high intensity sections into otherwise "normal" rowing sessions.. I tried it out just now, and it was great.

btb1490

Take a look at the Pete Plan, which give you a mix of workouts.  Many rowers use this plan in the off season for general fitness.

https://thepeteplan.wordpress.com/the-pete-plan/

probably not fast enough

Take a look at the Pete Plan

Thanks btb... giving it a look!