Can you help me raise funds to register for the NJ Marathon in the name of the Boston Marathon bombing victims? (Read 224 times)

carly686

probable scam

you want us to pay for your entry into the NJ marathon ($140) and then you will donate 'whatever you can afford' after you finish.

Am I reading that right?

kcam

"Forgive me for this shameless plug ..."

No.  I won't forgive you for having no shame.  Amazing that you would even start off with that line.  You should probably concentrate on paying down your crippling student loan debt before you worry about entering the NJ marathon.

ultramarathon/triathlete

Seems like a lot of these are popping up.  Obviously scammers.  Very shameful.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
          Gatorade Endurance Team

dallison

registered pw

freakin scammers.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

Instead of donating money, I'll donate advice:

You will get further in life, and garner far more respect, if you seek to help others in ways that do not directly benefit you first.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
              Emil Zatopek

Kittyface

Tragic hip

You are ridiculous.

Wing

Joggaholic

Mysecondnewname

Seems like a lot of these are popping up.  Obviously scammers.  Very shameful.

Yep.  Taking advantage of a tragedy, whether by individuals or organizations is not cool.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/web-scams-arise-boston-blasts-article-1.1317782

Vultures all.

I let Eric know. This and the other spam post will be nuked shortly.

xor

There is a difference between being a scammer and being insensitive (and doing something silly).

I don't see this as a scam. If it is, it is the dumbest scam ever.

Having said that.... uh, no. Nice try.

You should probably concentrate on paying down your crippling student loan debt before you worry about entering the NJ marathon.

This.

GC100k

I've decided to go on a cruise in honor of the Boston Marathon bombing victims.  Please donate to help me pay for it.

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

JimR

This GoFundMe site is rather entertaining.  It has things like people wanting to raise funds so they can buy a new car. go on trips, all sorts of stuff.

Raising money for a Ferrari F430. Starting a business and will pay back every donation 2x the amount donated

HAHAHHAHHA!

eta: actual link: http://www.gofundme.com/cnjpw