US Olympic Marathon Team trials-NYC (Read 899 times)

Wow! Wow! Hall wins in an Olympic trials record 2:09:02. Wow.
    He didn't even look like he was hurting at all- amazing.
      First local (for me) looks like Nate Jenkins of Lowell MA 7th in 2:14 ish. That would be a PR for him.

Runners run

va

Wow, Ryan Hall, what a performance! That was inspiring. I think I will go run now!
          I wish they kept showing the other finishers...I'm interested to see how it played out for all the guys who weren't contenders. But I gotta say that was pretty good.

Runners run

First local (for me) looks like Nate Jenkins of Lowell MA 7th in 2:14 ish. That would be a PR for him.
            I was surprised; I wasn't expecting Nate to finish above high teens or low twenties.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Heartbreaking news about Ryan Shay. Any word on the cause of his passing? http://universalsports.nbcsports.com/articles/show/27378?sport_id=34 My thoughts go out to his family and friends.
                I was surprised; I wasn't expecting Nate to finish above high teens or low twenties.
                I guess he was taking it kind of easy at the BAA Half eh? That's a great race for him. He beat Meb. RESULTS Other New Englanders: 19. Matt Pelletier, Warwick RI, 2:17:17 -- nice run for him. 28. Patrick Moulton, Rochester MI (formerly of Pelham NH and Providence College), 2:18:35 54. Steve Meinelt, Winchester MA, 2:22:40 61. Terrance Shea, Cambridge MA, 2:23:44 83. Casey Moulton, Pelham NH, 2:28:29

Runners run

Heartbreaking news about Ryan Shay. Any word on the cause of his passing? http://universalsports.nbcsports.com/articles/show/27378?sport_id=34 My thoughts go out to his family and friends.
                  Oh God. That is awful.

Runners run

Wow. That's awful. How tragic.
                      Wow. That's awful. How tragic.
                      DITTO! Condolences go out to his family and friends Sad So young!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

It looks like I called the wrong friend this morning to find out how things were going when I had trouble getting the streaming feed to work off of the website - the guy that I ran the MCM with last week went down to the city to watch the race and take pictures. He wrote up a great race recap for RTW if anybody is interested in the man on the street view of the race: http://news.runtowin.com/2007/11/03/olympic-marathon-trials-race-recap.html

Run to Win
                        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)