Adidas Run for the Parks (Read 454 times)

Hey All, Just wondering if anyone was going to be running this race in Central Park on Sunday? http://www.nyrr.org/races/2008/r0420x00.asp Gin

2012 Goals: Get back into it after having a baby! Prep for a 1/2 marathon

I'm registered and hoping to run, but I had an achilles problem from last week's race and today will be my first run since - so depending on how it goes, I may end up bailing.
        Understand that. This is the first race I have run in a few years... took a slight vaca from running but now I'm back. I'm actually pretty nervous for this one, even though I know I can run the mileage, it's just, I don't know, the excitement and anticipation. I already have made a long list of stuff I have to remember to put in my bag for Sunday. Good luck with your achilles. Maybe rest is better for this one, so you can kick butt at the next race! Are you trying to get an automatic in for the marathon? This is the second race I've mentioned that you will be running as well!

So far so good with the achilles - I ran a couple of miles without any real pain and I stretched it out well afterwards, so it looks good for Sunday so far. Yes on the qualifying - I currently have 5/9, but one of those was the Al Gordon Snowflake that wasn't timed because of the weather - I registered but didn't run, so the honorable part of me doesn't want to count that point. I'm pretty new to running and I never expected to be running so many races so soon! At least I know where the hills are! Good luck with the packing - I can never get rid of that feeling that I've forgotten something really important.
            Wow, that's great! I keep considering getting my nine races in but now that I have moved out of the city, it is much harder. Maybe next year... or do this year's races count for 2009? I can't remember how it works... I think you have to volunteer at a certain amount of events as well. Either way, good luck! That's awesome!

No, 4 miles just isn't enough to bring me to Manhattan.
              I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                Maybe next year... or do this year's races count for 2009? I can't remember how it works... I think you have to volunteer at a certain amount of events as well.
                This year's races count for the 2009 marathon and the new requirement is that you have to volunteer at one race. I'm in the brown corral - so all the way at the back (however, our club always seems to be late, so we end up at the back either way!)
                  Well, good luck tomorrow. I'm not sure which corral I'm in, I have to pick up my stuff the morning of the race because I couldn't get into the city this week. Can't wait to wake up bright and early! FUN!