Happy Dopple Bock Day! (Read 2167 times)

sent out message to get 12 hour results but no hear back.   I know Don is back to walking due to too many electrolytes.

Red Singlet guy...trying to find out.  Almost tempted to drive back to Nokomis but pretty sure my family would shoot me down before I got out the door.

As of 8:30PM

‎1st place is Dave James and Michael Henze is 2nd.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Cool - DJ sometimes goes out too fast.  We'll see.

• Black Canyon 100k
        • RRR
        • Zane Grey 100k
        • High Lonesome 100
        • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
        • The Bear 100
        • Javelina Jundred (?)

Kalsarikännit

They weigh you before the race and may choose to pull you to check your weight during the race. As I finished my 12, DB got pulled and weighed. He is down 13 lbs. They are making him add at least 2 lbs. He is dehydrated and covered in salt. Don is walking and getting some salt in. Buzzie just dropped with bad foot pain. I fell apart right before the 6 hour mark. I wasn't ready for all that pavement. It was a beating. I didn't hit my goal.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

jjameson

Sounds like tough conditions.  Hopefully he can rehydrate and recover some with the cooler evening.

Kalsarikännit

I have headed over to scovill's (my super awesome mvp who saved my ass out there) to shower (I don't know why either, I only raced half of what the other runners are doing). I am going right back to the race to help DB's wife. I will give exact mileage then.

sorry to hear about buzzies foot problems..hopefully DB got back out quickly and can keep the weight right.

I have headed over to scovill's (my super awesome mvp who saved my ass out there) to shower (I don't know why either, I only raced half of what the other runners are doing). I am going right back to the race to help DB's wife. I will give exact mileage then.

12 hours is a helluva lot of time running. Great work! Get feeling "normal" again and then keep DB/Don Going for the remaining 8 or so hours! :-)
                  Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Hi guys!

Had a not-easy day, but was gaining ground as the sun was sinking - managing to get back on track for 12-hour goal and recapturing the lead .. then FOOT!

I've had issues - in both feet - and am pretty darn certain it's one of 3 things, 2 of which I don't want to mess with. Especially with goal slipping away (due to walking). Changed shoes and set out to walk one more lap to assess ... turned around with a big fat No-go. o.

Cleaning up and will go back to support. Smile

MTA - can i shower with my socks on so I dont have to see my feet?

Liz

pace sera, sera

Kalsarikännit

DB 88 miles at 10:44.

bhearn

That is insane. 7:19 pace??? Is that really right?

MTA -- I'm an idiot. You mean 10:44 pm. What is the elapsed time?

Kalsarikännit

Corrections, DB 88.83 at 15:14 clock time. Don was at 59, I think he is having issues.

bhearn

So that puts DB on pace for 140 miles... unless he pulls off one of his trademark negative splits.

Feeling the growl again

So that puts DB on pace for 140 miles... unless he pulls off one of his trademark negative splits.

The thing I hate about 24 hr races is I feel guilty going to bed without being able to pull for my people through the finish...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Go DB!

2014 goals:

1. Run a minimum of 1.5 miles every single day of the year

2. Run 1500 miles in 2014

3. Get my weekly mileage above 40

4. Brown belt in Shaolin Kempo

5. First Half (Oregon Wine Country HM?)

6. PRs: Sub-21 5k, Sub-45 10k, Sub-45 Spartan Sprint, Sub 1:55 HM (Oregon Wine Country HM)